Boat overnight stays....

robtheplod

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Injection Day today. Am in Banbury but have to go to Oxford for the vaccination. A friend has kindly offered to take me and the boss in their motorised vehicle. Their injection at the same time. How good is that.

It will be strange talking to someone new after all this time.

Interesting. I'm in Fritwell (8 miles south of Banbury) but going to Chipping Norton for the jab.

16 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

Interesting. I'm in Fritwell (8 miles south of Banbury) but going to Chipping Norton for the jab.

That was offered online, but my transport operator was going to Oxford. I was hoping that there would be a ‘centre’ in Banbury by the time my number came up. Would have been nice to go to Chipping Norton . Oxford will suffice.

4 hours ago, Athy said:

I'd suggest that this needs rephrasing, as I don't think anyone is "happy" with any corona virus deaths at all. Perhaps "find acceptable" might be a more accurate term.

Yes Athy, I couldn’t agree more!

Around 1.30pm yesterday, frangar asked “how many deaths would you be happy with”.

In my reply, not long after, I told him that “happy” wasn’t the right word, but have continued to use it when asking how many deaths he would be happy with because it seems that he is “happy” for people to die, in order to satisfy his desires.

Perhaps frangar will have noticed how inappropriate his wording was, and take more care in future.

28 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Yes Athy, I couldn’t agree more!

Around 1.30pm yesterday, frangar asked “how many deaths would you be happy with”.

In my reply, not long after, I told him that “happy” wasn’t the right word, but have continued to use it when asking how many deaths he would be happy with because it seems that he is “happy” for people to die, in order to satisfy his desires.

Perhaps frangar will have noticed how inappropriate his wording was, and take more care in future.

Oh....the thought police have arrived....I shall word how I see fit...I think you will be the last person I will be taking any notice of!

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, frangar said:

Oh....the thought police have arrived....I shall word how I see fit...I think you will be the last person I will be taking any notice of!

Think what you will, but think before you write.

4 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

so, from 12th April we're allowed Self-contained holidays, which i presume will mean overnight stays on boats can return?

Not if the thought police on here have their way....they will find a good reason why you should never see daylight again by then!

Just now, Ianws said:

Or maybe 29th March when the official stay at home order is due to end. 

No it's quite specific.

No overnight stays.

Day visits however?

I guess that will depend on where your boat is moored and who controls it.

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Mayb a bit more detail and examples on the 7:00pm announcement

Indeed, they have published this already:

Hotels, hostels, Air BnBs and self-catering holiday accommodation will reopen, but only for household groups.

So you can’t go on holiday with someone you don’t live with or who isn’t in your support bubble.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Just now, robtheplod said:

Indeed, they have published this already:

Hotels, hostels, Air BnBs and self-catering holiday accommodation will reopen, but only for household groups.

So you can’t go on holiday with someone you don’t live with or who isn’t in your support bubble.

Hopefully Wales is the same (or earlier) so we can get back to the boat

7 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I have ploughed through some parts of it.

I note that, even as from March 29th, there is the edict: "Minimise travel. No holiday".

11 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Thanks, lots of info in here - taken from the 12th April graphic, so its looking its the 12th April for overnighters!!

image.png.a9c85e6df7e880f841d221f6d7fef3da.png

Overnight stays away from home in this country will be permitted and self-contained accommodation - those that do not require shared use of bathing, entry/exit, catering or sleeping facilities - can also reopen, though must only be used by members of the same household.

Edited by robtheplod

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

I have ploughed through some parts of it.

I note that, even as from March 29th, there is the edict: "Minimise travel. No holiday".

Overnight stays in self catering contained accommodation allowed from 12th April BUT only with ones own household members.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Despite ruling vacvine passports out a week ago, according to my news feed,  Boris is also now considering them to help open up hosptality and events safely. So thats another bit of good news.

Wonder who will get the contract for that?

Edited by Loddon