Boat overnight stays....

robtheplod

Featured Posts

As I read your comment my B in L is on an operating table having heart surgery. Not all treatment has  ceased as you seem to be suggesting.  

Comment was intended to refer to something posted by Franger previously.

Edited by Slim
Failed to quote earlier post

3 hours ago, Athy said:

...as is your punctuation, but we'll overlook that.:D. But, for example, food stays fresh when kept cold and grows germs and mould when kept at too high a temperature., suggesting that colder can be healthier.

If you had already answered the question, why did you need to ask it again?

Moulds and bacteria are the germs responsible for food spoilage, not viruses. 

Apples are not pears. 

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

As I read your comment my B in L is on an operating table having heart surgery. Not all treatment has  ceased as you seem to be suggesting.  

And my sister was diagnosed with Breast cancer just before Christmas, went into islolation for two weeks, had a masectomy early Jan went back into isolation and had a C19 test Before starting Chemo (as a scan showed it was still in her lympth nodes) she was found to have had C19 which the Doctors suggest, that as she had been in isolation for over 4 weeks with her only trip out being to the hospital, that is where she caught it.

48 minutes ago, frangar said:

"When you do" is a bit of a sweeping statement isnt it? I know a several people who've caught it....some with underlying health conditions....none of them have been admitted to hospital....however I also know people who should be being treated for existing conditions that cant be seen...so is that right prioritisation?

And we know several otherwise fit and healthy individuals who have been hospitalised with Covid. One of whom in his 40's sadly died.

Treatments are still going ahead for other illnesses if they are deemed necessary. I'm not sure where you get the idea that they are not.

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

And we know several otherwise fit and healthy individuals who have been hospitalised with Covid. One of whom in his 40's sadly died.

Treatments are still going ahead for other illnesses if they are deemed necessary. I'm not sure where you get the idea that they are not.

My Partner has been waiting since this time last year for a test/treatment plan to be sorted....I have other friends with blood cancer who have been told they must wait for blood tests

24 minutes ago, Slim said:

Comment was intended to refer to something posted by Franger previously.

Fingers crossed he will be okay....?

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And my sister was diagnosed with Breast cancer just before Christmas, went into islolation for two weeks, had a masectomy early Jan went back into isolation and had a C19 test Before starting Chemo (as a scan showed it was still in her lympth nodes) she was found to have had C19 which the Doctors suggest, that as she had been in isolation for over 4 weeks with her only trip out being to the hospital, that is where she caught it.

and likewise for your sister. ?

5 minutes ago, frangar said:

My Partner has been waiting since this time last year for a test/treatment plan to be sorted....I have other friends with blood cancer who have been told they must wait for blood tests

Perhaps your local hospital Trust is under more strain than others. 

Both Liam and I have managed to get treatment for ongoing relatively minor health complaints, Liams for his blood pressure and mine for an ongoing issue with my hand and elbow. Neither life threatening nor urgent in our opinion and we both expected to wait much longer for treatment and scans to take place.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Both Liam and I have managed to get treatment for ongoing relatively minor health complaints, Liams for his blood pressure and mine for an ongoing issue with my hand and elbow. Neither life threatening nor urgent in our opinion and we both expected to wait much longer for treatment and scans to take place.

Mrs HN has a couple of on going conditions and has recieved on going care with out patient appointments and remote consultations via. phone and video calls.

There was a delay during the first wave but she is caught up now.

47 minutes ago, frangar said:

Your Partner and friend need to sort someone out. I can get a blood test at my GP's within a few days. I also had my annual Cancer related Consultation on schedule in Bristol two weeks ago.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Your Partner and friend need to sort someone out. I can get a blood test at my GP's within a few days. I also had my annual Cancer related Consultation on schedule in Bristol two weeks ago.

No spirometry tests until further notice apparently. She phones every month.

The friend with blood cancer has been seen after a long delay. This may or may not have affected their treatment.

Another friend has had regular treatment moved from Gloucester hospital to Cheltenham. She doesn’t drive. Not too much issue as I can take her but me driving from Leicestershire to Worcestershire to then take her to Cheltenham will probably give some on here apoplexy.  

8 hours ago, Athy said:

Your cynical view surely does not take into account the rapid spread of the vaccination programme, which will make this country a safer place for all.

What was "stupid" about Eat Out To Help Out? We never availed ourselves of it, but surely it was a win-win scheme for restaurateurs and noshers alike.

I agree with you, we availed ourselves of the offer on numerous occasions, did we catch the virus? No we didn't which means we either chose wisely or people were taking precautions 

48 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Same here my treatment has continued as normal and when I have been ill treatment has been faster than normal. Clearly different areas have different results 

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

I would love to see my boat never mind sleep over. I'm 70 very fit (I think) no known underlying conditions. I believe if I caught covid I would survive although I don't wish to test the theory. I comply with the rules quite happily because I would be mortified if I was the cause of infecting someone else. I suppose it all boils down to two types.
Those with a social conscience and those who don't give a toss about anyone else. 

I have just been reading about the South African version of the virus,  it sounds really nasty and is affecting the young as well. It wasn't pleasant reading and made me wish that I was getting the jab tomorrow!!

16 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I have just been reading about the South African version of the virus,  it sounds really nasty and is affecting the young as well. It wasn't pleasant reading and made me wish that I was getting the jab tomorrow!!

Its been said that the vaccine is less effective against the SA virus. :(

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I understood that it’s been shown that it’s less effective at preventing mild illness but remains effective against serious illness.

Ian

• Greenie 2

14 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Depends which vaccine you are talking about and exactly what you mean by 'less effective'.

The trial of the AZ vaccine in South Africa was found to be less effective against mild disease in young people. However confidence is high that it will protect against serious disease and death. So much so that the WHO stated it should still be used in countries where the SA variant is widespread.

They have also said that it should be used on the over 65's despite France taking a decision its not effective enough on over 65's.

14 hours ago, Tonka said:

Dont understand why stupid people keep insisting on dates. It will reopen when the statistics state that it is safe.

Unfortunately that state of Utopia will stretch in to infinity, no one epidemiologist, or  a committee full of Sage advisers can ever do anything other than 'estimate' likely outcomes. A lot will also depend on 'behaviours', at least until things stabilise. Inevitably there will be peaks and,hopefully troughs of casualties.

It just needs a few hundred aircraft arriving from the red countries to start it up all over again. I assume that is why these guys are all quarantined. I'm not sure what the plan is if there's an outbreak in the hotel, one can't expect hospital isolation in such an environment. 

I think opening schools will do a good job of 'challege trials'. Young people are emissaries from families of unvaccinated persons, so very likely a good test of the effectiveness of this lockdown. 

Edited by LadyG

8 hours ago, frangar said:

I made a mistake in my conversation.....i find it interesting you picked up on this rather than check any facts for yourself......As we will never agree about what is the right course of action shall we meet up in 5 years to see what happened?....or will you still be in hiding?

Good of you to admit your mistake. What facts are you talking about that I should have checked for myself? I don’t know why 2018-19 has any relevance, in terms of flu deaths. Some years we do well and only around 7000 die, and others we don’t do well and 20,000+ die, but I think I’ve already said that.

We may not agree on a course of action, but I am interested in your reasoning.

Like.... how many deaths per year would you be happy with? I think you’ve narrowed it down to somewhere in excess of 135,000, and possibly 365,000 or more.

Given what you have said about removing restrictions and allowing the virus to run free, you must have a ball park number in your head, but you seem to be struggling with telling us what it is.

Are you going to hide behind the fact that we don’t agree, or are you going to come clean with how many deaths per year you would be happy with?

8 hours ago, frangar said:

..or will you still be in hiding?

I don’t consider myself to be in hiding, and the only people who are talking about being so for 5 or 10 years, are conspiracists like you who seem to want to let the virus run free and kill many more than it currently is.

The fact is that the government is going to release us from this lockdown fairly soon, so I don’t think you need to worry about being in hiding for years although, clearly, if they find they have released us too soon, and numbers take off again, you will be back “in hiding” sooner than you would like.

7 hours ago, frangar said:

"When you do" is a bit of a sweeping statement isnt it? I know a several people who've caught it....some with underlying health conditions....none of them have been admitted to hospital....

You don’t seem to want to understand that this is a huge numbers issue, where you and those that you know, have been lucky. Some people, somewhere, know 120,000+ who have died of it, and many more who have been admitted to hospital.

But you know that.

I suppose it would have been better to have said, “If you catch it, etc. ........ “

It is perhaps worth pointing out that despite people saying 'I haven't had the virus' or 'I dont know anybody that has' what they in reality mean is 'I haven't had any symptoms' or 'I dont know any body who has had symptoms'.

They are two completely different things.

Asymptotic spreaders are a big problem.

9 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Are you going to hide behind the fact that we don’t agree, or are you going to come clean with how many deaths per year you would be happy with?

I'd suggest that this needs rephrasing, as I don't think anyone is "happy" with any corona virus deaths at all. Perhaps "find acceptable" might be a more accurate term.

Edited by Athy

Injection Day today. Am in Banbury but have to go to Oxford for the vaccination. A friend has kindly offered to take me and the boss in their motorised vehicle. Their injection at the same time. How good is that.

It will be strange talking to someone new after all this time.

• Greenie 2