Boat overnight stays....

robtheplod

Featured Posts

I'm seeing lots of guesswork as to the planned re-opening of UK PLC and notice that Guest Houses/Hotels and 'self contained accommodation' could be opening in early April, so assume this then permits boat stays...  its been a long, lonely winter i so hope this is true - guess we may know for sure when Boris lets us out to play again in his speech on Monday.......

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Dont understand why stupid people keep insisting on dates. It will reopen when the statistics state that it is safe.

Have you thought that might be never according to the whim of politician? They are rather loving this control of the population. I’m still amazed how few are questioning. 

• Greenie 2

My feeling is it should be June/July , no doubt it will be earlier and there will be something stupid like eat out to help out to spread covid more widely we will have another wave and lockdown to follow.

The fat lady is not on stage yet.

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, Loddon said:

My feeling is it should be June/July , no doubt it will be earlier and there will be something stupid like eat out to help out to spread covid more widely we will have another wave and lockdown to follow.

Your cynical view surely does not take into account the rapid spread of the vaccination programme, which will make this country a safer place for all.

What was "stupid" about Eat Out To Help Out? We never availed ourselves of it, but surely it was a win-win scheme for restaurateurs and noshers alike.

21 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Dont understand why stupid people keep insisting on dates. It will reopen when the statistics state that it is safe.

it should be safe(er) by then considering the vaccination of older/vulnerable has occurred and now working down the years.......

I think Boris will give quite precise dates in his speech - all subject of course to finding the next new strain of virus...

14 minutes ago, Loddon said:

The fat lady is not on stage yet.

You might be quite happy to be stuck indoors forever more but some of us want to get our industry working again and go out and have a life...we live with all risks...why are you so afraid of this one?

• Greenie 1

29 minutes ago, frangar said:

Have you thought that might be never according to the whim of politician? They are rather loving this control of the population. I’m still amazed how few are questioning. 

You will be equally amazed that nobody is dying on a daily basis then?? WTF??

4 minutes ago, frangar said:

You might be quite happy to be stuck indoors forever more but some of us want to get our industry working again and go out and have a life...we live with all risks...why are you so afraid of this one?

while I understand everybody's desire for the lifting of restrictions currently 70% of cases are in the <70s.   There will still be the chance of great pressure on the the NHS.   Vaccinating a large percentage of the under 70s particularly those with comorbidities will take a little longer.

Better to be a little slower and get things under control so there is no longer a risk of either problems for the NHS or another set of restrictions.  I hope but doubt the PM will set out his road map in terms of when cases are X hospital beds Y and deaths Z we will do ......

People who need warning to get ready for say opening will be able to watch the data and know when the time is getting near.

Just my opinion other opinions are available.

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Are you expecting deaths to be zero before life returns to normal? If some groups are more vulnerable is it fair or right to keep everyone locked up?

No.... what makes you think that?

As a matter of interest, what number of daily deaths would be OK with you, (bear in mind we seem to not bat an eyelid at the number of flu deaths each year, so I agree that there is a level of risk that we tolerate). 

Just now, Richard10002 said:

No.... what makes you think that?

As a matter of interest, what number of daily deaths would be OK with you, (bear in mind we seem to not bat an eyelid at the number of flu deaths each year, so I agree that there is a level of risk that we tolerate). 

If the world got back to normal tomorrow Id be happy.....I was quite happy in shops/pubs etc over the summer...and was happy to be boating..Id be quite happy to get back to gigs & events tomorrow too...my last work was coming up for a year ago....yes we might need some restrictions on numbers and other measures such as temp checks etc but as it is the death/illness cases from the fallout from the lockdown will keep rising if we dont get some sense of normality back

• Greenie 1

If the thing mutates again so the vaccines become useless, I suspect we'll just have to live with the death rates, same as the world did before, and same as the poorer countries do now with their natural disasters. Possibly we shouldn't all be living into our nineties... wasn't that long ago you were lucky to make sixty. 

• Greenie 4

11 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I suspect it will be end of March, hire companies are taking bookings for Easter. If schools are back 8 March, there's no point pretending you can  maintain any kind of lockdown. The vaccines stop hospitals getting overwhelmed, the rate is coming down fast. Infection rates are irrelevant because you can't control them. It's only hospitalisation rates, and to a lesser extent death rates, that matter.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what bookings are being taken.  We have booking for 9/3/21 as we had for both Christmas week and New Year.  Just because people are prepared to book it doesn't say that it will happen.

51 minutes ago, frangar said:

Not afraid, I have done a RA and decided for me it's better to avoid contact with others. I live in the lowest covid area on  mainland UK but still avoid going in shops getting food delivered instead. Still first jab next week which should give some protection against the old version of covid, not so much against the variants.

As for eat out to help out, it was a great way if getting lots of people in a small indoor area to spread the disease more widely.

Bloody silly idea.

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 4

2 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Not afraid I have done a RA and decided for me it's better to avoid contact with others. I live in the lowest covid area on  mainland UK but still avoid going in shops getting food delivered instead. Still first jab next week which should give protection against the old version of covid, not so much against the variants.

As for eat out to help out, it was a great way if getting lots of people in a small indoor area to spread the disease more widely.

Bloody silly idea.

Thats fine if you are happy....however many including me arent and i dont see why we should all be locked away due to the paranoia of others.

Oh and I used the eat out deal a fair bit....and never felt at any more risk than walking down a street...we need it again to save the hospitality industry and indeed extend it for live events/gigs/theatre

Edited by frangar

22 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what bookings are being taken.  We have booking for 9/3/21 as we had for both Christmas week and New Year.  Just because people are prepared to book it doesn't say that it will happen.

Same here. We have  booking with Le Boat for the 2nd April. 

We have very little hope of making it on that holiday and are 95% certain it will be cancelled in the coming weeks.

I doubt it will be a very enjoyable cruise either way with the restrictions that will be in place for pubs and restaurants. We would prefer it to be cancelled if we are perfectly honest.

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Thats fine if you are happy....however many including me arent and i dont see why we should all be locked away due to the paranoia of others.

No one is forcing you to stay at home.

If you really want to there is nothing stopping you going out and getting on with your life.

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

No one is forcing you to stay at home.

If you really want to there is nothing stopping you going out and getting on with your life.

The only thing stopping me is the lack of open shops/pubs and the lack of events meaning I have no work..or business if this carries on for much longer!....Im getting out as much as I can...however plod seem intent on stopping that as much as they can....they are delighting in stopping and fining as many as they can.....just heard today that one chap on his own plane spotting at EMA was fined....what on earth is the point in that apart from an ego trip for plod?

3 minutes ago, frangar said:

The only thing stopping me is the lack of open shops/pubs and the lack of events meaning I have no work..or business if this carries on for much longer!....Im getting out as much as I can...however plod seem intent on stopping that as much as they can....they are delighting in stopping and fining as many as they can.....just heard today that one chap on his own plane spotting at EMA was fined....what on earth is the point in that apart from an ego trip for plod?

So you are not concerned about the health or safety of others so long as your business survives is essentially what you are saying?

• Greenie 1

Just now, Naughty Cal said:

So you are not concerned about the health or safety of others so long as your business survives is essentially what you are saying?

My whole industry is dead...not just me....If something isnt done soon lets hope you never want to go to a gig/theatre/conference/show etc ever again.