Magnetic mounts?

Charming

Featured Posts

Hello I'm looking at fitting my panel bracket I have made from midsummer energy I'm wanting to use magnets has anyone got any links or use of them? 

I have. Lg panels bi focal there quite heavy and for obvious reasons I don't want to drill for roof :( any help would be amazing 

37 minutes ago, Charming said:

Hello I'm looking at fitting my panel bracket I have made from midsummer energy I'm wanting to use magnets has anyone got any links or use of them? 

I have. Lg panels bi focal there quite heavy and for obvious reasons I don't want to drill for roof :( any help would be amazing 

Duplicate posting, reported

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond your a life saver ?

40 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Duplicate posting, reported

My profile wasn't Complete and I had a error page didn't realise it posted the first time sorry if you feel the need to report me and that makes you happy please feel free to report me 

20 minutes ago, jonesthenuke said:

Rubber encapsulated magnets mitigate the risk of damaging paintwork and provide more grip against sliding forces. I use them to hold our satellite system to the roof and have been satisfied with how they work. Look on Ebay for "rubber coated magnet".

Thank you so much for taking the time and helping your a life saver ?

22 minutes ago, Charming said:

My profile wasn't Complete and I had a error page didn't realise it posted the first time sorry if you feel the need to report me and that makes you happy please feel free to report me 

Its not a case of reporting you, its reporting the duplicate post so the mods can close it down, If you get two running life gets quite complicated after a while. Its not a personal thing but it doesn't sound nice I must admit.

• Greenie 1

There are plenty of these sort of magnets on eBay. The eyebolts unscrew so perhaps you could screw in a mounting bolt instead.

I bought a pair of 50mm diameter eyebolt magnets to hold my dinghy to the side of my boat to use it as a platform for painting the cabin sides. To get the magnets off I had to lever them with a socket set extension bar through the eye! There's no way you could pull them off with your hand. I would suggest smaller units. If you're using 4 of them maybe 30mm dia maximum.

You don't really need plastic encapsulated magnets. They are in stainless housings so just put a piece of rubber sheet underneath to protect the paint. The only problem is that any water that does get underneath will eventually lift the paint whatever you use.

Screenshot_2021-02-16-19-26-08-115_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by blackrose

On 16/02/2021 at 19:33, blackrose said:

There are plenty of these sort of magnets on eBay. The eyebolts unscrew so perhaps you could screw in a mounting bolt instead.

I bought a pair of 50mm diameter eyebolt magnets to hold my dinghy to the side of my boat to use it as a platform for painting the cabin sides. To get the magnets off I had to lever them with a socket set extension bar through the eye! There's no way you could pull them off with your hand. I would suggest smaller units. If you're using 4 of them maybe 30mm dia maximum.

You don't really need plastic encapsulated magnets. They are in stainless housings so just put a piece of rubber sheet underneath to protect the paint. The only problem is that any water that does get underneath will eventually lift the paint whatever you use.

Screenshot_2021-02-16-19-26-08-115_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Thank you so much I have some on order now really appreciate your help?

On 16/02/2021 at 19:06, Onewheeler said:

In the good old days you could get beam focus magnets from dead tellies. They made excellent magmounts.

Back when my sr2 was made hey.... Don't make them like they used too

???