Raptor bed liner

Featured Posts

If it is used after a thorough cleaning, de rusting and priming of the bilge and engine bay area , then it might be worth it. Otherwise it will merely hide problems until they are discovered in the future, and probably too late to be fixable. Clean back to bare metal, kill any rust still visible, then paint, don’t cover things up!

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

Do you have a boat?

Yes, I do. It’s a project boat that I’m busy renovating. 

10 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

If it is used after a thorough cleaning, de rusting and priming of the bilge and engine bay area , then it might be worth it. Otherwise it will merely hide problems until they are discovered in the future, and probably too late to be fixable. Clean back to bare metal, kill any rust still visible, then paint, don’t cover things up!

I’ll definitely be addressing the rust issue first. 

It looks like a two pack (epoxy) thing which is good but also appears to give a textured finish which is bad....really bad.  If you want to do minimal prep then possibly some rust treatment like Vactan with Danboline on top. If you can get back to almost bare steel then there are much more suitable epoxies, like Jotamastic 90.

............Dave

6 minutes ago, dmr said:

It looks like a two pack (epoxy) thing which is good but also appears to give a textured finish which is bad....really bad.  If you want to do minimal prep then possibly some rust treatment like Vactan with Danboline on top. If you can get back to almost bare steel then there are much more suitable epoxies, like Jotamastic 90.

............Dave

Thanks I’ll look into the Jotamastic   

On 16/02/2021 at 09:26, David’74 said:

Hi all, has anyone used raptor truck and bed liner on their boats, I need to clean up my engine bay and bilge and was thinking of giving this a go. 

Raptor bed liner

Cheers Dave. 

Reading the product sheet, you would need to be able to grit/sand blast the area for effective results, and allow to dry in a paint oven, for up to 5-7 days.

Looks good, but the devil is in the detail.

Bod.

15 hours ago, Bod said:

Reading the product sheet, you would need to be able to grit/sand blast the area for effective results, and allow to dry in a paint oven, for up to 5-7 days.

Looks good, but the devil is in the detail.

Bod.

Cheers for that Bod, it seems like a good product, waterproof, chemical and scratch resistant and acoustic damping, but with the preparation and curing seems like a retrofit is going to be PITA. 

On 16/02/2021 at 17:33, Richard10002 said:

Hard to see him having an engine bay and bilge if he hasn't got a boat?

Sorry, I meant to say something about photos, but must have lost the thread. I assumed it was a steel boat rather than GRP.

Edited by LadyG