Icknield Port Loop - deliberate mistake?

john6767

Featured Posts

CRT stoppage notice, is it a mistake, or have they created a towpath as part of the development.  I did not think they had when I went round there.

Icknield Port Loop
Location: Rotton Park Junction Turnover Bridge to Icknield Port Road Bridge 2, Ladywood, Icknield Port Loop 
Starts At: Rotton Park Junction Turnover Bridge
Ends At: Icknield Port Road Bridge 2

Tuesday 23 February 2021 08:00 until Wednesday 24 February 2021 18:00

Type: Advice 
Reason: 3rd Party Works

Original message:

The navigation and towpath will remain open. Onsite, on behalf of the developer Urban Splash, will be undertaking a canal wall survey due to the poor condition of the canal/boundary wall. Banksman and signage will be utilised to manage canal traffic. We kindly ask customers to follow directions and take extra care whilst passing through this section.

41 minutes ago, pearley said:

Pretty sure that particular section still has a bit of path, albeit not used very much.

Looking at all my various guide books and on Google Maps shows a path.

I would have said it was not usable, put perhaps it has now been reinstated from the New Main Line to the road bridge onto the “island” as part of the development work.

• 4 weeks later...

Historically there was a path all round the loop, but was closed off between the two Icknield Port road bridges, when they were made and the space became a wharf.

The remaining sections were retained, all be it not used much.