Help in Leicester

GHE

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, I’m having a slight issue someone’s attempted to get my boat moving over the weekend whilst I was in hospital, they left a key in the ignition so it’s drained my batteries. I have a jump starter but it’s dead so won’t get me started. Is anyone able to help with leaning me a jump starter at castle gardens today ? Just for a couple minutes. Thank you

2 hours ago, GHE said:

Intruder unfortunately but I’ve had some help in the form of the police who helped with a jump starter. Have to love the police round here great bunch 

So glad you got it sorted - perhaps it will be worth getting a generator to top up your batteries in emergencies?

6 hours ago, Proper Charlie said:

Somebody broke into the locked pontoon area at Castle Gardens? That's a worry.

its only a low fence....no real deterrent if you have a mind to get in. The other moorings are more protected at friars mill....Ive not used the ones at Memory Lane Wharf since they have been opened....I hope they are as its not the nicest area round there at present but I dare say will change when the redevelopment takes place.

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But you said 'another boat with dubious ownership', in which case, suggesting there was already at least one other boat there with dubious ownership.

Although, add a comma after boat, and it changes the meaning.

On 15/02/2021 at 12:53, GHE said:

Intruder unfortunately but I’ve had some help in the form of the police who helped with a jump starter. Have to love the police round here great bunch 

Hopefully you will send an e-mail to the Chief Constable drawing his attention to the excellent service you received from one / some of his officers . Plenty of people criticise the police I'm sure he will welcome a letter expressing your appreciation. 

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

No, the locked thread boat was apparently on the pontoon over the weekend whilst GHE was in hospital.

That's a very interesting co-incidence, but the man who stole the other boat has since been on here and told us that he did not steal it after all so he can't be involved in trying to steal GHE's boat ?.

Boat reported stolen.

(non) stolen boat spotted navigating the Soar in close to flood conditions

Attempted theft of a second boat.

All very interesting, shame the other thread got locked.

..............Dave

• Greenie 1

Re the boat in the locked thread, it was moored behind us in Oxford in July, and at that time was occupied by 2 men and a girl, all maybe mid 20's, and a large alsatian dog. When the engine started up at 10.00pm to charge batteries, I reminded them about the hours and they switched off. It didn't look as though it had moved much for some time and had the ubiquitous wheelbarrow and a couple of bikes. I got the impression from what was said that it was rented out.

If that sold for £42k,, then somone must have done an awful lot of work on it.

19 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

If that sold for £42k,, then somone must have done an awful lot of work on it.

Depending on which side of the story you read, it would appear that the current occupier considers it his (theirs ?) after paying £1000.

The other party says that £1000 is the deposit.

Guess whilst threads are locked it will continue to be a mystery.