Jump to content

C&RT say don't empty your compost toilet in our bins.


Featured Posts

So from what I can gather those without a bag & bin loo are quite rightly in favour of CRT stopping them being emptied into an already hard pressed bin network and those who have decided that fitting one meant they could dump crap into a bin because they thought they could save cash or indeed ever moving are now a bit peeved....Some of the more vocal ones with a bag & bin loo are kicking off and giving CRT a hard time....Is that about right? 

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frangar said:

So from what I can gather those without a bag & bin loo are quite rightly in favour of CRT stopping them being emptied into an already hard pressed bin network and those who have decided that fitting one meant they could dump crap into a bin because they thought they could save cash or indeed ever moving are now a bit peeved....Some of the more vocal ones with a bag & bin loo are kicking off and giving CRT a hard time....Is that about right? 

 

Pretty well a massive over simplification I would say.

 

For one thing a composting loo would only facilitate not 'ever moving' if one didn't need to fill with water.

 

So you might want to try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

For one thing a composting loo would only facilitate not 'ever moving' if one didn't need to fill with water.

 

But are they not the same people that will continuously moor on a water point with their hose permanently conected ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

For one thing a composting loo would only facilitate not 'ever moving' if one didn't need to fill with water.

 

 

I thought everyone was getting cross at the composting Foxes boys because they were moving too much ...

 

Is is Eastasia or Eurasia we are supposed to be at war with this week? ;)

 

  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Some of the more vocal ones with a bag & bin loo are kicking off and giving CRT a hard time....Is that about right? 

Dont think so, the more vocal ones who dont have boats on the canal network started this here and are giving the CRT a hard time.

The CRT need to sort themsleves out and not hide behind  'it may be a regulatory issue'. It isnt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Dont think so, the more vocal ones who dont have boats on the canal network started this here and are giving the CRT a hard time.

The CRT need to sort themsleves out and not hide behind  'it may be a regulatory issue'. It isnt.

 

Can we just be 100% clear I didnt say that. As somehow you have attributed frangar's comment to me.

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

But are they not the same people that will continuously moor on a water point with their hose permanently conected ?

 

No idea.

 

Oh hang on something's amused frangar.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

Can we just be 100% clear I didnt say that. As somehow you have attributed frangar's comment to me.

 

Many apologies Martin. Yes, it was aimed as a response to frangar but thought it better to tail it on to your comment as yours was relevant to the flow. 

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

Can we just be 100% clear I didnt say that. As somehow you have attributed frangar's comment to me.

 

No idea.

 

Oh hang on something's amused frangar.

It amused me about the misquote. I forgot we aren’t allowed to find things amusing anymore......

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

Well you know the saying.......

 

Small things amuse small.........

 

 

Ahhh so it’s you that’s ordered any humour to be removed from the forum.  Good to know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

Now you are just being a little bit silly aren't you.

Well perhaps if you had reacted with some humour to my post rather than become all high & mighty it might have helped....but you didn’t 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If, as Dr Bob suggests, it's the same waste code as dog muck, and it seems is currently treated the same way, can the dog bins just not be enlarged enough to take both outputs? There's plenty of them on the towpath already.

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If, as Dr Bob suggests, it's the same waste code as dog muck, and it seems is currently treated the same way, can the dog bins just not be enlarged enough to take both outputs? There's plenty of them on the towpath already.

If the bag & bin users want to pay for this and the emptying as an extra charge it might well be an answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If, as Dr Bob suggests, it's the same waste code as dog muck, and it seems is currently treated the same way, can the dog bins just not be enlarged enough to take both outputs? There's plenty of them on the towpath already.

Operated by local councils, who often struggle to empty them regularly enough......I dont think they will take kindly to extra double bagged Foxpoo added to their local bins....

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Operated by local councils, who often struggle to empty them regularly enough......I dont think they will take kindly to extra double bagged Foxpoo added to their local bins....

From South Glis council website on disposing of dog waste. 

"Dog waste bins

In recent years national guidance on the disposal of dog waste has changed and it is no longer necessary to separate dog waste from other types of household waste.

For this reason, dedicated dog waste bins are no longer required and waste can be disposed of in any available litter bin or your black household bin.

Some parish areas in South Gloucestershire have opted to continue providing dog waste bins, but others have removed some or all dog bins and ask responsible dog owners to use dual use bins, formally litter bins"

 

The council bins on the towpath near us are emptied regularly. 

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ianws said:

From South Glis council website on disposing of dog waste. 

"Dog waste bins

In recent years national guidance on the disposal of dog waste has changed and it is no longer necessary to separate dog waste from other types of household waste.

For this reason, dedicated dog waste bins are no longer required and waste can be disposed of in any available litter bin or your black household bin.

Some parish areas in South Gloucestershire have opted to continue providing dog waste bins, but others have removed some or all dog bins and ask responsible dog owners to use dual use bins, formally litter bins"

Ah, so the evidence is mounting up. Use a normal bin for dog poo  - 'CAUSE ITS THE SAME BLEEDING WASTE CODE AS NAPPIES  and can therefore be treated in the same manner using 20-01-99. Alan, are you listening? I notice Alan has not been back to acknowlege he has not been giving us the full picture by insisting it is illegal.

 

Having knocked the "illegal" issue off the table. What else have the boo boys, who dont have boats on the canal, whipping up the witch hunt been pushing. Oh yes, "it is disgusting to put this waste in a bin". So how many of those who said it is disgusting on here have put their dog turds in a bin? Take a look in the mirror. How about the 5,000 tonnes per week of human shit and wee that go in the bins. The max we are likely to see from these dry toilets is around 5 tonnes per week assuming 1,000 boaters. That is 0.1% ie virtually nothing. If nappies are ok then so is this. Of course there are better ways of disposing of the waste...ie composting which I do but this witch hunt is not called for and is just going to turn boater against boater. Are you going to ban babies?

  • Greenie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ianws said:

From South Glis council website on disposing of dog waste. 

"Dog waste bins

In recent years national guidance on the disposal of dog waste has changed and it is no longer necessary to separate dog waste from other types of household waste.

For this reason, dedicated dog waste bins are no longer required and waste can be disposed of in any available litter bin or your black household bin.

Some parish areas in South Gloucestershire have opted to continue providing dog waste bins, but others have removed some or all dog bins and ask responsible dog owners to use dual use bins, formally litter bins"

 

The council bins on the towpath near us are emptied regularly. 

 

Our council has waste bins clearly labelled 'litter and dog waste'. I used one today in fact as there is one on one of my regular dog walks.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rasputin said:

If you asked the man on the Clapham omnibus whether it was acceptable to put a weeks worth of human faeces in a bag and put it in a "public " bin, what do you think the answer would be

If you asked the same about dog poo or nappies do you think it would be different?

 

Not sure where the baying crowd bit comes from, your potential actions are unpopular, that's all.

 

And trying to make out that people who are not full time boaters shouldn't have an opinion is absurd.

 

Always best to use the quote button, it avoids any misunderstanding about whom you are responding to.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

But are they not the same people that will continuously moor on a water point with their hose permanently conected ?

They are the smelly ex-lawyer's who dare not move to get water in case someone takes their spot. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.