C&RT say don't empty your compost toilet in our bins.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Ianws said:

After lockdown I might have better things to do. I certainly hope so. Cleaning the boat should keep me busy for a while. I think it is quite green and full of great algae by now. 

I sneaked a look at mine last weekend on the way to get a vaccine and it is hosting lots of algae

For once I think CRT have made the right call and do have the majority of boaters behind them. Damien has spelt it out well & fully. I’m sure those who bag & bin and think they are experts with a vlog will bitch but that says more about their lack of experience & knowledge than anything else. 

14 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Both posts seemed to appear almost simultaneously on my tablet but looking at the time stamp they are 15 minutes apart.

Weird.

Depends very much on the updating algorithms and user choices made at several points along the way. With the forum, the main thing that catches me out at times is that I forget that I opened several threads and then became distracted, returning later to post a reply. Of course, what was then on my screen could be well out of date - the other day I discovered when I posted that there had been three pages of replies in the meanwhile (not all that long, either)

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Depends very much on the updating algorithms and user choices made at several points along the way. With the forum, the main thing that catches me out at times is that I forget that I opened several threads and then became distracted, returning later to post a reply. Of course, what was then on my screen could be well out of date - the other day I discovered when I posted that there had been three pages of replies in the meanwhile (not all that long, either)

On my system if I have an open thread and I go back to post it flags that there have been replies that I haven't seen.

• Greenie 1

BBC 2 at 2100hrs tomorrow night 18/3/21 may interest some 

Dr George McGavin, Dr Zoe Laughlin and a team of world-leading scientists explore the biology, chemistry, natural history and social history of faeces from a TV-base camp like no other - within the pools, tanks and bowels of one of the UK's largest and most technologically advanced sewage works

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Our local sewage works were running their trucks on gas they produced some 40 years ago

Almost 50 years ago I was doing my ONC in Electrical Engineering at college and we went for a trip to the local sewage works (a sign at the gate offering Tomatoes and Melons for sale !!) they were using the methane to generate electricity and feeding it into the grid (this was many years before it became common) so we were looking at how it was done.

The guy showing us around said (I'll always remember it) "It may be sh$t to you, but to me it is bread & butter".

18 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I tried to complete it but having said I was  boater and did not have a separating toilet, and clicking next, I got the message that I had said i was not a boater therefore I could not continue. Brian do you have a contact to relay this information back?

haggis

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

I tried to complete it but having said I was  boater and did not have a separating toilet, and clicking next, I got the message that I had said i was not a boater therefore I could not continue. Brian do you have a contact to relay this information back?

haggis

I just did it saying I was thinking of getting one, which I will if I ever have to remove the pump out. Its Kate Saffin

I would like the option please ?

17 hours ago, Jerra said:

Obviously trying to sell at a good price before the market is swamped with second hand units.

Trying to sell because its broken? Last picture chunk missing out of it

Edited by peterboat