C&RT say don't empty your compost toilet in our bins.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

So from what I can gather those without a bag & bin loo are quite rightly in favour of CRT stopping them being emptied into an already hard pressed bin network and those who have decided that fitting one meant they could dump crap into a bin because they thought they could save cash or indeed ever moving are now a bit peeved....Some of the more vocal ones with a bag & bin loo are kicking off and giving CRT a hard time....Is that about right? 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

So from what I can gather those without a bag & bin loo are quite rightly in favour of CRT stopping them being emptied into an already hard pressed bin network and those who have decided that fitting one meant they could dump crap into a bin because they thought they could save cash or indeed ever moving are now a bit peeved....Some of the more vocal ones with a bag & bin loo are kicking off and giving CRT a hard time....Is that about right? 

Pretty well a massive over simplification I would say.

For one thing a composting loo would only facilitate not 'ever moving' if one didn't need to fill with water.

So you might want to try again.

7 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

For one thing a composting loo would only facilitate not 'ever moving' if one didn't need to fill with water.

I thought everyone was getting cross at the composting Foxes boys because they were moving too much ...

Is is Eastasia or Eurasia we are supposed to be at war with this week? ;)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Some of the more vocal ones with a bag & bin loo are kicking off and giving CRT a hard time....Is that about right? 

Dont think so, the more vocal ones who dont have boats on the canal network started this here and are giving the CRT a hard time.

The CRT need to sort themsleves out and not hide behind  'it may be a regulatory issue'. It isnt.

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Dont think so, the more vocal ones who dont have boats on the canal network started this here and are giving the CRT a hard time.

The CRT need to sort themsleves out and not hide behind  'it may be a regulatory issue'. It isnt.

Can we just be 100% clear I didnt say that. As somehow you have attributed frangar's comment to me.

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But are they not the same people that will continuously moor on a water point with their hose permanently conected ?

No idea.

Oh hang on something's amused frangar.

8 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Can we just be 100% clear I didnt say that. As somehow you have attributed frangar's comment to me.

Many apologies Martin. Yes, it was aimed as a response to frangar but thought it better to tail it on to your comment as yours was relevant to the flow. 

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

No idea.

Oh hang on something's amused frangar.

It amused me about the misquote. I forgot we aren’t allowed to find things amusing anymore......

Just now, frangar said:

It amused me about the misquote. I forgot we aren’t allowed to find things amusing anymore......

Well you know the saying.......

Small things amuse small.........

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

Ahhh so it’s you that’s ordered any humour to be removed from the forum.  Good to know. 

Now you are just being a little bit silly aren't you.

8 minutes ago, frangar said:

Well perhaps if you had reacted with some humour to my post rather than become all high & mighty it might have helped....but you didn’t 

So now who's dictating?

6 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If, as Dr Bob suggests, it's the same waste code as dog muck, and it seems is currently treated the same way, can the dog bins just not be enlarged enough to take both outputs? There's plenty of them on the towpath already.

If the bag & bin users want to pay for this and the emptying as an extra charge it might well be an answer. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If, as Dr Bob suggests, it's the same waste code as dog muck, and it seems is currently treated the same way, can the dog bins just not be enlarged enough to take both outputs? There's plenty of them on the towpath already.

Operated by local councils, who often struggle to empty them regularly enough......I dont think they will take kindly to extra double bagged Foxpoo added to their local bins....

56 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Operated by local councils, who often struggle to empty them regularly enough......I dont think they will take kindly to extra double bagged Foxpoo added to their local bins....

From South Glis council website on disposing of dog waste. 

"Dog waste bins

In recent years national guidance on the disposal of dog waste has changed and it is no longer necessary to separate dog waste from other types of household waste.

For this reason, dedicated dog waste bins are no longer required and waste can be disposed of in any available litter bin or your black household bin.

Some parish areas in South Gloucestershire have opted to continue providing dog waste bins, but others have removed some or all dog bins and ask responsible dog owners to use dual use bins, formally litter bins"

The council bins on the towpath near us are emptied regularly. 

• Greenie 1

31 minutes ago, Ianws said:

"Dog waste bins

In recent years national guidance on the disposal of dog waste has changed and it is no longer necessary to separate dog waste from other types of household waste.

For this reason, dedicated dog waste bins are no longer required and waste can be disposed of in any available litter bin or your black household bin.

Some parish areas in South Gloucestershire have opted to continue providing dog waste bins, but others have removed some or all dog bins and ask responsible dog owners to use dual use bins, formally litter bins"

Ah, so the evidence is mounting up. Use a normal bin for dog poo  - 'CAUSE ITS THE SAME BLEEDING WASTE CODE AS NAPPIES  and can therefore be treated in the same manner using 20-01-99. Alan, are you listening? I notice Alan has not been back to acknowlege he has not been giving us the full picture by insisting it is illegal.

Having knocked the "illegal" issue off the table. What else have the boo boys, who dont have boats on the canal, whipping up the witch hunt been pushing. Oh yes, "it is disgusting to put this waste in a bin". So how many of those who said it is disgusting on here have put their dog turds in a bin? Take a look in the mirror. How about the 5,000 tonnes per week of human shit and wee that go in the bins. The max we are likely to see from these dry toilets is around 5 tonnes per week assuming 1,000 boaters. That is 0.1% ie virtually nothing. If nappies are ok then so is this. Of course there are better ways of disposing of the waste...ie composting which I do but this witch hunt is not called for and is just going to turn boater against boater. Are you going to ban babies?

• Greenie 2

48 minutes ago, Ianws said:

"Dog waste bins

The council bins on the towpath near us are emptied regularly. 

Our council has waste bins clearly labelled 'litter and dog waste'. I used one today in fact as there is one on one of my regular dog walks.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

3 minutes ago, rasputin said:

If you asked the man on the Clapham omnibus whether it was acceptable to put a weeks worth of human faeces in a bag and put it in a "public " bin, what do you think the answer would be

If you asked the same about dog poo or nappies do you think it would be different?

Not sure where the baying crowd bit comes from, your potential actions are unpopular, that's all.

And trying to make out that people who are not full time boaters shouldn't have an opinion is absurd.

Always best to use the quote button, it avoids any misunderstanding about whom you are responding to.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But are they not the same people that will continuously moor on a water point with their hose permanently conected ?

They are the smelly ex-lawyer's who dare not move to get water in case someone takes their spot. 

• Haha 1