Fat boats on the North Oxford

Dr Bob

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I have the useful condition of "face blindness", so most if the time I can't even remember how ugly my children are. Or me, for that matter.

My boat, on the other hand, is old, battered but entirely charming.

We, however, get a reminder every time you post, in the form of you avatar.😃

Loved you in that film 'Educating Rita' BTW. 

er.jpg

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yes it is!

In this case I wrote a particularly condemnatory post about widebeams then had second thoughts and deleted it. 

So that's what becoming broad-minded means.

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I have the useful condition of "face blindness", so most if the time I can't even remember how ugly my children are. Or me, for that matter.

My boat, on the other hand, is old, battered but entirely charming.

But is it 12ft wide though?!!

I think I might have face blindness too, didn't know it was a condition, I thought it was more to do with name blindness, I repeat peoples names, but unless there is some particular reason / event / other, they are ephemera in my life.

33 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

But what we want to know is, did he get home?

And did he create any havoc as he went about it? A sunny Sunday at August bank holiday weekend, there must have been plenty of traffic in the Braunston area, surely it couldn't have been trouble-free.

1 hour ago, Lily Rose said:

And did he create any havoc as he went about it? A sunny Sunday at August bank holiday weekend, there must have been plenty of traffic in the Braunston area, surely it couldn't have been trouble-free.

Miles Away was back on its berth lunchtime ish on Sunday. We were out for a pub lunch so didnt see it  come back (yes Tim, the pub was open!).

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Miles Away was back on its berth lunchtime ish on Sunday. We were out for a pub lunch so didnt see it  come back (yes Tim, the pub was open!).

Is the guy who owns 'Miles Away' named Miles? If so, that would be quite a clever name for a boat.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

But if he was away, he wouldnt be on the bote ?

Ah, I see,as ever, your logic is faultless. I suppose his surname could be 'Away', but that would be a hell of a coincidence to find a boat with his name on.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I just thought I'd provide some up to date information on a bote everyone seems to be writing about. Mr Away is pressure washing it as we speak. The bote that is, not the whippet.

If you pressure wash a whippet, you're likely to rippit. I used to pressure wash our greyhound, but that was a bus.

Q: What is the longest word in the English language?

A: "Smiles". Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I just thought I'd provide some up to date information on a bote everyone seems to be writing about. Mr Away is pressure washing it as we speak. The bote that is, not the whippet.

Hosepipe ban?

Perhaps there isn't in this area at the moment but it still seems like an inadvisable thing to do at the current time.

Edited by Lily Rose

17 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Q: What is the longest word in the English language?

A: "Smiles". Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!

I was trying to think how this relates to the subject of the thread but then realised that it hasnt got the word 'away' in it.

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I was trying to think how this relates to the subject of the thread but then realised that it hasnt got the word 'away' in it.

Talking about boat names. Have you still got your coin stuc, or did you manage to get it out?

Edited by rusty69
r

When we were in Braunston on the weekend of 19th to 21st  August-'Miles Away' was moored almost opposite(on the towpath) Midland Swindlers on Friday & Saturday.When we left Braunston on Sunday morning,it had moved across to moor outside Swindlers as they were closed on a Sunday.Taking the mick when you think about the nearby mooring notices concerning fat  **e boats & mooring...