C&RT's new logo

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

This is the logo that is being used on C&RTs survey, is this going to be their new logo ? (we haven't had one for a couple of years)

logo3

Is it....

- A pennant?

- A fish?

- A pen nib?

- An overhead view of a Hudson?

Whichever it is, it obviously has a Polo mint floating in it.

To this grumpy old bugger, every change of logo has been a step for the worse. The British Waterways wave logo, symbolising moving water in a busy waterway, was the best for me. The bridge and bullrush effort suggested a moribund canal to my eyes and what a giant swan was doing in a bridge hole, I’ve no idea. I find the current version meaningless...Tunnel? Reflections? Half submerged tyre as a fender? I don’t know....

It's not a new logo, though, is it?  The big information signs at places like Foxton have the logo and the sweeping different blue colours -- and they've just used a bit of the shape rather than the logo on its own.  Such as on the vans as above, or this downloadable map:

CRT.PNG.86d4629f265da960bf0efaae0439d879.PNG 

Edited by adam1uk
formatting
  • Greenie 2

16 hours ago, dave moore said:

and what a giant swan was doing in a bridge hole, I’ve no idea.

A giant swan would have made an excellent CaRT on the water employee. Checking boat licenses, mooring overstaying, anglers permits and slowing down speeding cyclists. Enforcement would come with a broken arm from a single wing blow. Much more effective.

If the swan is hissing, your license is missing!

Broken arm. What's the reason? You're fishing out of season!

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

9 hours ago, adam1uk said:

It's not a new logo, though, is it?  The big information signs at places like Foxton have the logo and the sweeping different blue colours -- and they've just used a bit of the shape rather than the logo on its own.  Such as on the vans as above, or this downloadable map:

CRT.PNG.86d4629f265da960bf0efaae0439d879.PNG 

They must have ripped that map out of an Early Leaning Centre. 

20 hours ago, dave moore said:

To this grumpy old bugger, every change of logo has been a step for the worse. The British Waterways wave logo, symbolising moving water in a busy waterway, was the best for me. The bridge and bullrush effort suggested a moribund canal to my eyes and what a giant swan was doing in a bridge hole, I’ve no idea. I find the current version meaningless...Tunnel? Reflections? Half submerged tyre as a fender? I don’t know....

Its a push bike wheel half submerged. After all cycling is where its at!!