help relocating my boat

GHE

Featured Posts

HI all I hope everyones keeping well. 

Ive been moving my 52ft narrow to Lincoln for some time now and im finally in touching distance just 93 miles to go lol so 4 days and 5 hours. 

The problem is I'm poorly I recently got diagnosed with Parkinsons so im a little slower then id like to be until new meds kick in and although I really want to keep moving her I can't do it alone anymore, I was wondering if anyone out there has any contact that can help moving a boat, I can still drive just doing locks at the moment takes me forever. I don't have a huge budget but can pay. any help or advice would be great

thanks in advance 

On 11/02/2021 at 10:58, GHE said:

HI all I hope everyones keeping well. 

Ive been moving my 52ft narrow to Lincoln for some time now and im finally in touching distance just 93 miles to go lol so 4 days and 5 hours. 

The problem is I'm poorly I recently got diagnosed with Parkinsons so im a little slower then id like to be until new meds kick in and although I really want to keep moving her I can't do it alone anymore, I was wondering if anyone out there has any contact that can help moving a boat, I can still drive just doing locks at the moment takes me forever. I don't have a huge budget but can pay. any help or advice would be great

thanks in advance 

There are professional boat movers who would do the job for you. At least two (matty40s and Nigel Carton) are members here. I have used Nigel to move a boat and can vouch for his competence. From memory, he wasn't expensive either.

Edited by Athy

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

But would a boat mover (or anyone else) be happy to move the boat with you present during the current lockdown?

Perhaps I should have added "when permitted", I thought that would go without saying.

• 1 month later...

Where are you up to? Did you find someone to help you move. I'm a newbie wondering whether I'd like to live on a narrowboat. I'm not without physical challenges, have trouble standing for long periods and can't walk very far. I saw your posting and thought I'd write, one has to start somewhere.

Geoff

2 hours ago, GeoffKB said:

Where are you up to? Did you find someone to help you move. I'm a newbie wondering whether I'd like to live on a narrowboat. I'm not without physical challenges, have trouble standing for long periods and can't walk very far. I saw your posting and thought I'd write, one has to start somewhere.

Geoff

Narrowboating is a physical occupation. Have you hired or tried hotel boating to give you some idea? If you have additional crew it is a lot easier.