BSS in Surrey/London on the Thames

cheesegas

Featured Posts

Hi all. Just bought a narrowboat and need the BSS doing, gas cert is done already. It's moored on the Thames near Surbiton, easily accessible by road.

However, I've called and emailed everyone within a 10 mile radius on this list (16 people) and no-one's got back to me in over a week. Has anyone got any contacts who aren't on this list? Aware that it's the official register but it's pretty frustrating to get zero calls back or emails! 

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/requirements-examinations-certification/arranging-the-examination/find-an-examiner/?counties=London

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, cheesegas said:

Bog standard private liveaboard, nothing commercial or hire. It's had a Gas Safety Report done pre-sale, I'm aware that this is covered in the BSS too though.

Ok, (strange lot these Southerners !!)

Maybe the lack of response is covid related and they are not working, you would however have thought it only courteous to have replied.

Good luck with your hunt.

3 minutes ago, cheesegas said:

Yeah, it's odd. Trying some more people further afield, but I'm guessing they're even more reluctant to travel a greater distance what with Covid restrictions.

Presumably you had a survey done prior to purchase (?) your surveyor travelled ....  is he BSS capable ?

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Presumably you had a survey done prior to purchase (?) your surveyor travelled ....  is he BSS capable ?

The surveyor was based in Sunbury and can't do it until late March, he gave me some numbers to try but they're people who I've tried already. I'll hang around and wait for someone to get back to me...hoping they're just busy too?

On 11/02/2021 at 10:28, cheesegas said:

Hi all. Just bought a narrowboat and need the BSS doing, gas cert is done already. It's moored on the Thames near Surbiton, easily accessible by road.

However, I've called and emailed everyone within a 10 mile radius on this list (16 people) and no-one's got back to me in over a week. Has anyone got any contacts who aren't on this list? Aware that it's the official register but it's pretty frustrating to get zero calls back or emails! 

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/requirements-examinations-certification/arranging-the-examination/find-an-examiner/?counties=London

Thanks.

I can personally recommend Roger Alsop, who is a member of this group.  He's on the official list which you added the link for.

• Greenie 1