10kg of coal/day

blackrose

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, peterboat said:

I have been burning it on my Rayburn Royal for years I find it really easy to light, used paper element oil filter light throw in, follow with anthracite in small amounts until firebox full! 

At bungalow we put kindling down pet coke on top then anthracite on top of that, put in gas poker light 3 -5 mins later fire going well.

As you say it's an art lighting anthracite but the Rayburn loves it

We had a Rayburn Royal when we lived in rural Sussex - it really came into its own during the Great Storm of 1987 - electricity lines were down and the village was 'cut off' for weeks. Our brand new bright red Rayburn had only just been installed and we spent the next fortnight cooking our neighbour's previously frozen meat and produce while also providing hot water for half the village. We had earlier been told that we had made a bad choice with solid fuel - the previous owners of the property had used oil and many had recently converted to electricity. We continued to burn Anthracite on that Rayburn for another eight years - until we moved to Leicestershire . . .

• Greenie 1

I was thinking about using gorse to sweep chimney, not that I've seen any around here, I'd dispose of it in general waste.

It's raining again, discovered my thermal trousers are not waterproof.

Edited by LadyG

Just now, LadyG said:

I was thinking about using gorse to sweep chimney, not that I've seen any around here, I'd dispose of it in general waste.

I rub mine clean with banana skins then eat the evidence...

(I know it's a daft idea, but you started it...) ;)

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

It's raining again, discovered my thermal trousers are not waterproof.

I read that as goose at first

If your using gorse just burn it once you've done

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I rub mine clean with banana skins then eat the evidence...

(I know it's a daft idea, but you started it...) ;)

You rub what with banana skins?

1 hour ago, Murflynn said:

goose would do just fine - it's time those ear-shattering Canadians did summat useful  :rolleyes:

Finally a good use for Canada Geese, its all they are fit for.

Those brushes are hopeless, not stiff enough and they fall apart quickly.

I use a length of plastic pipe with nails knocked through it at the end in all directions like a Morning Star club.