What to monitor remotely?

GUMPY

Featured Posts

I am building a remote monitor/heating switch system, it will switch the Eberspacher on and off and will send me txt messages from 4 inputs. When I first conceived it I thought shore power off and on, 2 inputs controlled by Victron Combi  Relay  and battery charge state above or below 75% controlled by a Smartgauge 2 inputs.

Having given it some thought I dont need to use the 2nd inputs on either of the above as I can txt the unit and it will tell me if the power off and battery below 75% sensors are active thus negating a second input.

This gives me two spare inputs, one I might use with a stat set at 3deg to tell me if the winter background heating has failed (heating stat set at 6deg. That leaves me with a spare input, i could use it on the bilge pump to let me know if its running but tgere seems little point in that as the boat has dry bilges and has had for the last 8 years since I bought it.

The input can be +ve or -ve sense, just wonder if anyone has any ideas?

You can tell my brain is running away with itself and suffering lockdown overload ;)

Edited by Loddon

Think I'd still go for monitoring the bilge in some way. Just because it's been dry for x years doesn't mean it always will be! Then again checking you've enough diesel for the heater is quite a good idea as well. Need more inputs ?

Mmmm s 

Hadn't thought about diesel theft, it wouldn't run out for any other reason as heater is only switched on 4hrs before our arrival as winter heating is done by oil radiators on electric, I would never run an eber on a frost stat aI have seen the results of doing that.

Alcohol monitor sounds good but not really needed unless there has be theft whilst I am away 

I will have to disassmble a smoke alarm to see if I can get a signal from it.