CRT survey - is it genuine

WhiteSuit

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

Nobody considers themselves naive or credulous.  But you cannot have known whether the survey was legitimate without clicking the link.  Clicking links in emails from unknown and unsolicited sources is a massive no-no!  This is why it seems that many boaters have not done the survey.

that was exactly my reaction

I received it via text was mildly cautious as it did look very poor quality, including typos.

However even if it a disgruntled boater, who managed to get all our contract details, I would fill in a 3rd party survey also.

Daniel

*also at least one typo in the dropdown options!

On 10/02/2021 at 12:35, Pie Eater said:

I have just completed it and it does seem loaded so that only positive replies can be given.

There is nowhere that you can give an honest opinion about the facilities, dredging or general upkeep etc.

I filled in the box at Q1 with my opinions

• 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, steve.sharratt said:

Did anyone find out if this is legit?  Formatting, spelling and grammar all look dodgy but the links look genuine.

It's been superceded with one which had used sppellcheck, things moved on over two years.

Is Damien still around?

4 minutes ago, steve.sharratt said:

Did anyone find out if this is legit?  Formatting, spelling and grammar all look dodgy but the links look genuine.

I just received this 

Hello,
Knowing what boaters think about the Canal & River Trust is very important to us, and we would therefore ask you to take part in our latest Survey by clicking on the following link:

{Take Part}

Your participation is much appreciated, however, if you do not wish to take part in this survey please click on the following link:

{Opt Out}

Kind regards

Janet

Janet Johnson
Insight & Evidence Team
Canal & River Trust
Janet.Johnson@canalrivertrust.org.uk

It's almost certainly genuine as no one in their right minds would have thought up "Insight and Evidence Team", except the CRT,

........ but then again perhaps it's a parody?

I think we need a vote 

True or False, Genuine or Mischievous?

They just need to read this forum to find out what we think of them, let me guess ...

The CRT is fulfilling their role as guardians of 2000 miles of historic infrastructure?

Strongly agree. 10%

Agree. 20%

Neither agree nor disagree. 10%

Disagree. 20%

Strongly disagree. 10%

Don't know. 25%

Don't care. 10%

:)

Edited by LadyG

13 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I just received this 

Hello,
Knowing what boaters think about the Canal & River Trust is very important to us, and we would therefore ask you to take part in our latest Survey by clicking on the following link:

{Take Part}

Your participation is much appreciated, however, if you do not wish to take part in this survey please click on the following link:

{Opt Out}

Kind regards

Janet

Janet Johnson
Insight & Evidence Team
Canal & River Trust

Without seeing the message headers, hard to say with 100% certainty but I checked the link and although it doesn't look very professional, it does appear to be genuine. 

It would take a fair amount of development time & resource to create a custom survey. Using one of the free or paid for ones like Survey Monkey or Snap Surveys enables them to put out a survey in very little time at little cost, ideal for an organisation such as the CRT

On 09/02/2021 at 18:05, Midnight said:

They also warn of scam surveys using their brand

https://www.snapsurveys.com/news/avoid-survey-scams-protect/

Well the URL of the survey is a subdomain of snapsurveys.com so it must be legit.

Legit as in, it proves Snap Surveys are publishing it. Doesn't prove Snap Surveys aren't a bunch of scammers!

I did it. It's mainly multiple choice about your opinions of CRT and its staff, with a big box to rant in.

Some of the questions are a bit silly, like the ones where it asks you whether you've ever spoken positively or negatively about the waterways and the Trust, but doesn't give the option to say "both positively and negatively" which I think would be the truth for 99% of boaters. People who are not members of NBTA will enjoy having the ability to tick a box that says they don't consider themselves a Bargee Traveller or any other kind of traveller though.

4 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

People who are not members of NBTA will enjoy having the ability to tick a box that says they don't consider themselves a Bargee Traveller or any other kind of traveller though

Point of Order....

The NBTA does not have 'members' AIUI.

Damian gave us a heads up about this in last Friday's Boater's Update. And he said that it woukd come from a Snap email address so it is genuine.

Look out for our annual boater survey, which is being sent out next week to a random third of our boat licence holders. It’s a great opportunity for you to share your thoughts and feelings about the Trust and our upkeep of the waterways, so we can get a good sense of how we’re doing as a charity and where we can improve. Please note the link will come from a SNAP email address, not a Trust email address.

11 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I just received this 

Hello,

{Take Part}

{Opt Out}

Kind regards

Janet

Janet Johnson
Insight & Evidence Team
Canal & River Trust

I've received the same email, I did see it mentioned in something I read last week so wasn't unexpected.

3 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

Damian gave us a heads up about this in last Friday's Boater's Update. And he said that it woukd come from a Snap email address so it is genuine.

Look out for our annual boater survey, which is being sent out next week to a random third of our boat licence holders. It’s a great opportunity for you to share your thoughts and feelings about the Trust and our upkeep of the waterways, so we can get a good sense of how we’re doing as a charity and where we can improve. Please note the link will come from a SNAP email address, not a Trust email address.

I always just bin his postings