Serious Boat fire in Leighton Buzzard

RufusR

Featured Posts

https://www.so-counties.co.uk/man-in-serious-but-stable-condition-after-boat-fire-in-leighton-buzzard/

Heard about this from a lady at work who lives in Leighton , Apparently it was a GRP Cruiser but hard to tell from the remains .. Tragic I hope he recovers ok but has lost everything ? 

I also heard it was an explosion ( maybe gas ) but that maybe Chinese whispers as nothing in Media about that . 

Our thoughts are with Paul 

Hope anyone involved is ok.

When I lived in Japan 25 years ago I was once told by an American that the term "Chinese whispers" might have it's roots in colonial distrust of Oriental people and so was slightly racist.

I'd never thought about it before but it sounds like it might be true. 

Hope the poor guy heals well and can get back on his feet

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

A big problem with fibreglass is that it takes a bit of lighting,but once it starts it really does flare up really quickly.

Indeed - I have such a boat and whilst that doesn't worry me, I would be careful over anything that night start a fire

4 hours ago, RufusR said:

that maybe Chinese whispers as nothing in Media about that . 

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

I was once told by an American that the term "Chinese whispers" might have it's roots in colonial distrust of Oriental people and so was slightly racist.

In this case the words "Chinese Whispers" are not the correct term - Chinese Whispers are when a message, passed on verbally many times, gets changed "send reinforcements, we're going to advance" become "send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance". That doesn't explain the name, but then I'm not sure about Spanish practices either!

4 hours ago, RufusR said:

Indeed - prayers and thoughts for Paul

On 09/02/2021 at 14:21, RufusR said:

https://www.so-counties.co.uk/man-in-serious-but-stable-condition-after-boat-fire-in-leighton-buzzard/

Heard about this from a lady at work who lives in Leighton , Apparently it was a GRP Cruiser but hard to tell from the remains .. Tragic I hope he recovers ok but has lost everything ? 

I also heard it was an explosion ( maybe gas ) but that maybe Chinese whispers as nothing in Media about that . 

There's a fundraiser if you are feeling generous

Linslade man 'loses everything' after canal boat fire | Leighton Buzzard Observer (leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk)