Dorman 2DWD

Gosty.Hill

Featured Posts

I’ve got a Dorman 2dwd engine in my historic working boat and have found a cracked cylinder liner. I’m desperate to get her up and running again but struggling to find a pair of cylinder liners. Can anyone help that either has the parts, a donor engine or advice on who to try? Any help would be really appreciated! 

Thanks in advance, Chris 

Sheepsbridge Stokes used to make cylinder liners to pattern or drawing if you have one.   A quick google for "bespoke cylinder liners" also produces Westwood and Laystall.

The Kelvin parts club had some model J  liners made a couple of years back, not sure who they used.  I believe they are on Facebook.

There is at least one liner claiming to be for a DWD on ebay

A  Hepolite PF2267?

N

Edited by BEngo

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Might be worth contacting @steamraiser2 or @RLWP

Thank you for the reply.  I’ve tried marine power services already and although very friendly and helpful their best suggestion was to try posting on here. Tried primrose engineering and again their really helpful and although haven’t got any they are going to ask around for me too. 

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

Sheepsbridge Stokes used to make cylinder liners to pattern or drawing if you have one.   A quick google for "bespoke cylinder liners" also produces Westwood and Laystall.

The Kelvin parts club had some model J  liners made a couple of years back, not sure who they used.  I believe they are on Facebook.

There is at least one liner claiming to be for a DWD on ebay

A  Hepolite PF2267?

N

Thanks bengo, I’ve had eye watering figures suggested for machining new ones but I’ll give them a try. I enquired about the one on eBay but they only have one and both are damaged. A good backup if I can’t find two though.