Jump to content

Virgin Media Mobile - Carrier Change


Featured Posts

Just a heads up that Virgin Media are changing their network from EE to Vodafone.

 

This is disastrous as my signal dropped from 75% to 50% and impacted streaming films with buffering & drop outs.

 

Experience has shown that Vodafone has the worst service availability while out cruising.

 

Virgin Media 'Customer Service' could not understand why I wouldn't want this 'improvement'  - to 5G) as they called it & refused to terminate the contact without a large fee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire Moonraker said:

Just a heads up that Virgin Media are changing their network from EE to Vodafone.

 

This is disastrous as my signal dropped from 75% to 50% and impacted streaming films with buffering & drop outs.

 

Experience has shown that Vodafone has the worst service availability while out cruising.

 

Virgin Media 'Customer Service' could not understand why I wouldn't want this 'improvement'  - to 5G) as they called it & refused to terminate the contact without a large fee. 

 

This was first announced in 2019 and is the main reason I didnt switch to them last year. I get my home BB from them and you do get good deals with their mobile service if you do. But not good enough to persaude me to effectively switch to Vodafone.

 

Its to do with them not wanting their mobile network being provided by their biggest rival for home broadband ie BT, who of course own EE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having an aversion to anything with BT's digit in it, I swapped from EE  to Smarty which is 3 network. Not the best but reasonable especially as I pay £15 a month for unlimited 4G broadband on a PAYG no contract no notice.

 

I do get blanks occasionally in some places but it always seems to pick up again after a few seconds.

 

I did contact them once, a Bombay call, but the guy was brilliant, lucid, well spoken and very helpful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Tracy D'arth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Having an aversion to anything with BT's digit in it, I swapped from EE  to Smarty which is 3 network. Not the best but reasonable especially as I pay £15 a month for unlimited 4G broadband on a PAYG no contract no notice.

 

I do get blanks occasionally in some places but it always seems to pick up again after a few seconds.

 

I did contact them once, a Bombay call, but the guy was brilliant, lucid, well spoken and very helpful.

 

Could you share the phone number you called please? I've only been able to find web based support options from Smarty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, alias said:

 

Could you share the phone number you called please? I've only been able to find web based support options from Smarty.

I know I did the dashboard chat, not voice till he phoned me back I think, its been a while.

I have a free sim and a free month voucher for Smarty if anyone wants one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.