Water Tank Outlets

Shaun85

Featured Posts

Attached are photos of the outlets/inlets of the water tank on board. I have two questions

1. would a metal thread be ok going into the bottom outlet? 
2. I think I’m right in guessing the large top inlet is to fill from the deck, but what is the thin bend inlet/outlet for? Overflow? 

thanks in advanced 

0C235E0C-FAAA-4220-84D7-EB118BFD4D52.jpeg

F86D672D-3742-4B10-9DD0-21E1B50B1C3A.jpeg

The bottom opening is threaded, just painted over. This will take a nipple to which you can attach a gate valve, or better still, identify the thread size (3/4" BSP ??) and get a full bore lever valve. You can then fit your pipework with the appropriate fittings.

Don't forget to extend the breather to an area where any overflow will not cause any problems.

Edited by Ex Brummie

Use only brass fittings in the treaded outlet, iron will rust away and eventually leave you with a slow leak that is hard to trace.

A quarter turn lever full flow ball valve is the best tap to use.

Put a piece of gauze or nylon stocking over the overflow/vent to keep the spiders and earwigs out of the tank.

21 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

The bottom opening is threaded, just painted over. This will take a nipple to which you can attach a gate valve, or better still, identify the thread size (3/4" BSP ??) and get a full bore lever valve. You can then fit your pipework with the appropriate fittings.

Don't forget to extend the breather to an area where any overflow will not cause any problems.

Don't use a gate valve or a traditional stopcock. A full bore lever valve is the only way to go.