gas

dewshi

Featured Posts

Do we get a clue as to which Hampton? There are lots in the UK from Devon to Kent to London to Shropshire. Does the bottle need to have gas in it too? Which gas, Propane, Butane, or something else? What brand? Calor dealers won't accept Flogas empties for exchange and visa versa for example. What size/capacity bottle?

I know I sound a bit flippant, but more detail will help someone who can help you.

Jen

From streetmap.co.uk

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

Probably also a good idea to tell us the type/cylinder colour (Butane or Propane) and the cylinder size. Larger sizes of Propane (red cylinder) are often available at builder merchants while smaller ones at local garages.

Be careful, certain cylinders have connectors that are not compatible with typical boat connections.

Edited by Tony Brooks
  • Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Do we get a clue as to which Hampton? There are lots in the UK from Devon to Kent to London to Shropshire. Does the bottle need to have gas in it too? Which gas, Propane, Butane, or something else? What brand? Calor dealers won't accept Flogas empties for exchange and visa versa for example. What size/capacity bottle?

I know I sound a bit flippant, but more detail will help someone who can help you.

Jen

From streetmap.co.uk

Littlehampton...?

5 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Jen

From streetmap.co.uk

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hampton

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dewshi said:

@Jen-in-Wellies @Tony Brooks @Sea Dog @David Mack @Onewheeler @Alan de Enfield

Thanks for replies!

My error! I'm on the Thames at Hampton Court. Looking to buy a new orange 13KG Calor Gas bottle.

There is/was a marina on the southern bank in an old waterworks that I think will stock those bottles. They have a landing stage to tie up to. The only problem might be that they might only have blue butane cylinders and those are no good. I suspect there may be a supplier in the Ditton backwater (the old Maid Line base) if it has not been built on. I think there is a BP garage south of the Bridge. Been a few years since I was in that area.

42 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

I just googled Hampton court, search for calor gas on the map, about a dozen suppliers around you.

I know how to use google. I wanted local knowledge :)

22 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

There is/was a marina on the southern bank in an old waterworks that I think will stock those bottles. They have a landing stage to tie up to. The only problem might be that they might only have blue butane cylinders and those are no good. I suspect there may be a supplier in the Ditton backwater (the old Maid Line base) if it has not been built on. I think there is a BP garage south of the Bridge. Been a few years since I was in that area.

Thanks @Tony Brooks. I am probably passing a B&Q on the way by car.