Finding Boats on eBay

Old Son

Featured Posts

i normally use the app on my iPad for eBay and have a saved search to show any new listed items in the Narrowboats/Canalboats category.

on the app it's working fine, on the desktop browser i get an error page that says it looks like the page is missing

40 minutes ago, Old Son said:

I hade a link set up on my eBay account for Narrow Boats for sale. The link no longer works for me and when I try Canal Boats and similar I get stamps, pictures etc. Has anybody else noted this?

I think eBay have been "updating" their categories or something. I have a few "saved searches" for things like motorhomes or cheap property in France which no longer work (although, weirdly, bearing in mind the subject of this thread, the canal boat one does -- linky)

46 minutes ago, Old Son said:

I hade a link set up on my eBay account for Narrow Boats for sale. The link no longer works for me and when I try Canal Boats and similar I get stamps, pictures etc. Has anybody else noted this?

I searched 'canal boat' and found many. Do you have any filters that is removing the right matches (price or type). Paste the link of search result here.

further looking at my saved searches shows that any that have no terms to search for, just a category to look in, no longer function on a browser.

the same searches from the same account in the eBay app still work just fine.

i'll just add that i would in no way entertain buying a boat from eBay, but there is a prolific scammer who pops up regularly trying to flog a boat (amongst many other high value items) at about half market value using hacked accounts, and i do delight in reporting him/her for fraudulent listings.

you can always spot the ad, two pics on listing, first pic being the same GRP boat, second being text telling you to contact a gmail account and not bid on the listing.

Edited by Hudds Lad
more detail on searches

1 hour ago, Old Son said:

I watch eBay listings for narrowboats. Before the covid, there were over 100 narrow boat listings and these would change regularly. Now there are 17 and most of these have been on for months. 

eBay Logo    
Shop by category
Enter your search keyword
All CategoriesAntiquesArtBabyBooksBusiness & IndustrialCameras & PhotoCell Phones & AccessoriesClothing, Shoes & AccessoriesCoins & Paper MoneyCollectiblesComputers/Tablets & NetworkingConsumer ElectronicsCraftsDolls & BearsDVDs & MovieseBay MotorsEntertainment MemorabiliaGift Cards & CouponsHealth & BeautyHome & GardenJewelry & WatchesMusicMusical Instruments & GearPet SuppliesPottery & GlassReal EstateSpecialty ServicesSporting GoodsSports Mem, Cards & Fan ShopStampsTickets & ExperiencesToys & HobbiesTravelVideo Games & ConsolesEverything Else
Advanced

We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

I suppose I'll just wait until eBay do something to correct it.

Edited by Old Son
Link deleted

1 hour ago, Old Son said:

I suppose I'll just wait until eBay do something to correct it.

Looks as if they have made a fairly fundamental change to their site - the "save this search" option no longer appears unless keywords are added

Which is annoying.