Cheap Filters - Why not use them ?

bmp

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, dmr said:

Because most diesels have a very unhappy life in a narrowboat.

..............Dave

Speak for yourself - my pampered Beta 43 has a lovely time and looks after me very well in return! Not so much just now though, to be fair. Actually, we're on our third trial separation. It seems there's a disheveled-looking serial philanderer coming between us... :(

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Speak for yourself - my pampered Beta 43 has a lovely time and looks after me very well in return! Not so much just now though, to be fair. Actually, we're on our third trial separation. It seems there's a disheveled-looking serial philanderer coming between us... :(

I pamper my JD3 but its still very unhappy, if it could talk it would tell me that its not keen on charging  batteries and would love to go out onto a river again, plus it finds it all a bit cold for getting going up here in the North. Unlike you I try to remain faithful to my engine but do sometimes have eyes for something bigger like a Kelvin.

1 minute ago, dmr said:

Unlike you I try to remain faithful to my engine

I'm not unfaithful to my engine - someone called Boris has come between us! Apparently, I'm a danger to myself and the nation if I'm isolated in a boat whilst I also own a house. :(

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm not unfaithful to my engine - someone called Boris has come between us! Apparently, I'm a danger to myself and the nation if I'm isolated in a boat whilst I also own a house. :(

I sympathise and it does appear harsh, but on balance it probably was the right decision. I am very glad that we are locked down in a boat rather than a house, but if loads of people who are not experienced liveaboards suddenly moved to their boats I can see that it might have caused a few problems and resentment from locals.

I fear that if its all sorted (mostly) this summer then the canals are going to be absolutely rammed, maybe its time to head for the more remote bits of the BCN.

.............Dave.

Edited by dmr