Beast from the East?

JJPHG

Featured Posts

Just  a heads up.  Models are trying to push for the development of a sustained Easterly next week.  Might be worth keeping an eye on the forecasts over the next few days and make preparations accodingly

1 hour ago, JJPHG said:

Just  a heads up.  Models are trying to push for the development of a sustained Easterly next week.  Might be worth keeping an eye on the forecasts over the next few days and make preparations accodingly

Its English Jim, but not as we know it. ?

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JJPHG said:

:) ok - translation.  It looks like its going to get b****dy cold.  Stock up on Bog paper.

It will only be a gentle breeze and a shower, nothing compared to a pandemic, and the boat is already full to bursting with bog rolls and tins of baked beenz, (and beer) ?

We are in Yorkshire, have been frozen in on and off for a month now, can't get any worse?????

11 hours ago, JJPHG said:

My family just south of the border in nsw says it’s the usual February temperature, and are not planning on lighting the fire til August. Maybe.

Have you done as I have many times and side swiped on the weather app, to exclaim it’s going to be 23 degrees tomorrow, only to realise you have the weather for Warragul not Northampton.

No evidence of beast from east here it’s 11 degrees. ( or is that Warragul at night)

24 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Disappointed as I'm in the East but no sign of the beast... :(

Likewise in this part of Norfolk, hazy sunshine, light breeze and quite mild, though colder weather is promised (?) in a couple of days' time.

16 hours ago, matty40s said:

From the weekend, especially up Norf, in fact Scotland keeps the snow most of this week too.

I popped over to have a look at the net weather forums and it looks like it's becoming less likely or have I misinterpreted the uber geekery, because let's be honest they speak a completely different language to me :)

47 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I popped over to have a look at the net weather forums and it looks like it's becoming less likely or have I misinterpreted the uber geekery, because let's be honest they speak a completely different language to me :)

He he, that's what you get for looking at a single days run....

There's always a "Beast from the East" coming, or so it seems. We should do 2 things: firstly, give it a name that's not so evocative and is more difficult to spell in order to curb overuse of the headline; secondly, take seaman-like precautions, me hearties, so you're not caught out on the rare occasion these cries of "weather bomb" turn out to be true.

We’ve used our daily exercise to prepare for the onslaught of the next ice-age. We walked to the the nearby Premier store to buy biscuits & Yellow Tail Jammy Red Roo. If we get snowed in, at least we will be happy. 

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Likewise in this part of Norfolk, hazy sunshine, light breeze and quite mild, though colder weather is promised (?) in a couple of days' time.

The wind here has gone round by 180 deg today, due East when I got up and now Due West