Electrical issues - please point me in the right direction.

MartinW

Featured Posts

Well for that reason I shall dismiss the foolish thought from my head. There is room for a shut-off . Thanks, Tony. I took your advice on fitting small fans behind the fridge. Once I got the fridge out I could see that the housing unit was very badly marked and blistered so there had been appreciable heat at play at some time. The Beko fridge was subject to a recall, which it seems mine has had, so I think that the previous owner had a lucky escape. 

44 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Yes they do but they can be prone to leaks that fill up your bilge with smelly water.

If the skin fitting is above the water line and the pipework to the basin is either ridging or hose in good condition and double clipped then even for a hire boat its perfectly legal BSS wise. The basin rim is almost certainly 10" 250mm above the waterline. For extra peace of mind see if you can fit a shut-off valve to the skin fitting.

I think sump boxes are a bad idea and you can get basin water running into the shower tray.

I caught a brass skin fitting on some heavy piling and it sheared clean off, It was well above the waterline but double clipping, isolation valve or sink at high level would make no difference, I had a hole in the hull. If I was doing another boat I would have welded spouts inside the hull

Edited by ditchcrawler

50 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I caught a brass skin fitting on some heavy piling and it sheared clean off, It was well above the waterline but double clipping, isolation valve or sink at high level would make no difference, I had a hole in the hull. If I was doing another boat I would have welded spouts inside the hull

I agree but rather assumed he was talking about a welded in fitting.