Kabola old English

GHE

Featured Posts

Hi everyone I hope everyone’s safe out there.

I have a kabola old English stove and I’m having a couple problems. I don’t seem to be drawing and diesel from the tank to the stove. I’ve followed the fuel line back and all the way to the cut off tap at the fuel tank I have nothing coming in. I’ve checked I have no blockages and it’s gravity fed so I’ve even made sure I have to after in the bow tank so I’m balanced out but still nothings coming. Is there a method to draw the diesel Through the pipe to the stove ? I’ve even thinking connect a pipe and suck hard until it draws it along lol ? But is it the way.

any help would be great thanks all 

Just check that the level of fuel in the tank is not below the 'pick-up' pipe (which may be several inches above the bottom of the tanks to ensure

a) you never get the fuel level so low there is no fuel for the engine

b) you don't suck up all the muck from the bottom of the tank.

Disconnect the fuel pipe at the stove and blow 'BACKWARDS' (towards the tank), get someone to listen at the tank and if they can hear bubbles :

a) the pip is not blocked

b) the pipe is below the fuel level.

Then reconnect the pipe and start SUCKING, once it starts to flow, you can stop as it will self-prime due to gravity. When you have a flow, re-connect the pipe to the stove.

As A De E says above, but also pay attention to any filters. If you have a filter and it has bleed screws on the top, then make sure it is bled. I also find that if there is a paper element in the line, these can become resistive when wet, so I remove the element. The passage of fuel is so slow that nay contaminant sinks to the bottom of the bowl and can be dealt with at services.

Hi guys I’ve checked by blowing air down the line and there’s bubbles so fingers crossed that’s a clean like, but I can’t pull the fuel down the line no matter how hard I suck, I even connected a little hand water pump and after 5 mins of pumping still nothing. Is it worth pushing fuel down the line to the tank ? Can I prime it that way ? Thank you 

3 hours ago, GHE said:

Hi guys I’ve checked by blowing air down the line and there’s bubbles so fingers crossed that’s a clean like, but I can’t pull the fuel down the line no matter how hard I suck, I even connected a little hand water pump and after 5 mins of pumping still nothing. Is it worth pushing fuel down the line to the tank ? Can I prime it that way ? Thank you 

When you suck or pump,are you pulling air through or does it feel as though there is a vacuum in the pipe?

If you are sucking air,then your fuel level is too low,if a vacuum then it is likely that the pipe ( if rubber or plastic) or if metal a rubber connection somewhere has collapsed.