Yarwoods Josher Motor Plans

Bitty

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if you can still get copies anywere of the Yarwoods drawings for a Josher motor.

Unfortunately my copy that I had from  Lawrence Hogg years ago as gone a miss. Can find some Town and Star class ones.

Edited by Bitty

33 minutes ago, David Mack said:

That opens a wider question. Does anyone know what happened to Lawrence Hogg's huge archive of boat plans and photographs?  

And the same question in relation to Harry Arnold's photo archive?

As far as I recall, his family donated it to the CRT museum at Ellesmere port, against his wishes.

20 hours ago, matty40s said:

As far as I recall, his family donated it to the CRT museum at Ellesmere port, against his wishes.

Which is a good reminder, particularly in these troubled times - make a will, and specify what you want done with your more treasured collections, if you have any. It's my personal opinion that everybody who has anything either financially of worth or a treasured collection, regardless of age, should make a will specifying your wishes.

23 hours ago, dave moore said:

It’s my understanding also that Harry’s daughter is curating his collection.

Absolutely right Dave.  I recently talked to Harry Arnold's widow and daughter about this, but I suspect that it might be a slow process.  There were rather a lot of photos!

Peter