Invertor

Sneill

Featured Posts

Will you upgrade the batteries and charging system to take account of the extra electricity required unless you only use the machine when on a shoreline. In which case you won't need an inverter.

For a modern machine it will have to be a pure sine wave output but the power rating will depend upon the machine and if you intend  to use the machine's heater.

There is evidence not all machines work properly on inverters or generators, even if the output is pure sine wave.

1 hour ago, Sneill said:

Hi guys 

I am looking to upgrade my inverter to one that can handle my washing machine , what are you guys using or what do you recommend ?

tia

Neill

It’s a really hard question to answer because some washing machines are more sensitive than others, and some inverters produce a better waveform than others. We have a compact Zanussi ZWC1300W and a Mastervolt 12/2500 Combi inverter which work fine together. For anything else the best thing is to find someone with the same combination that you propose to get, that works. Which I guess is kind of what you are doing here!

I have the same Zanussi washing machine. A few weeks ago and I fitted a LK3000 Low Frequency inverter / charger from Photonic Universe to allow it to be used when cruising. The choice was based on a strong recommendation from my local chandler. It was also very competitively priced - about 2/3 of the equivalent Stirling product which based on brochures seems to be near identical (sourced from same Chinese factory?). It's only downside is it is quite bulky and heavy (26kg) so you need to have suitable space to fit it.

It's early days yet but test runs with the shore line disconnected (and engine running) shows it runs the washing machine with no trouble.