C&RT Licence Plates

JamesFrance

Featured Posts

I know that they will supply self adhesive stickers for £20.  A rip off.

Not seen any aluminium ones for a while, horrible things that they are/were.

Just paint the numbers on in 2" high numbers.

Or don't bother, the number is on your window licence. As long as they can be read from the towpath the checker will be happy.

5 minutes ago, JamesFrance said:

I bought a license for a new boat from C&RT at the beginning of December but have not received any license plates, does anyone know if they still supply them?

You have to order them (and pay for them) separately, they do not come 'with' the licence.

How did you licence it if it isn't registered ? (or is it already registered but you don't have the plates?)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You have to order them (and pay for them) separately, they do not come 'with' the licence.

How did you licence it if it isn't registered ? (or is it already registered but you don't have the plates?)

They provide the license number when you are buying the license for a new boat, all done on line so easy to do.   You can buy an index number for £20 in advance if you want to have signwriting done before delivery but there is no mention of plates or stickers even in their online shop.   There are vinyls available on Amazon which are not expensive so I will maybe order those.

Just now, JamesFrance said:

They provide the license number when you are buying the license for a new boat, all done on line so easy to do.   You can buy an index number for £20 in advance if you want to have signwriting done before delivery but there is no mention of plates or stickers even in their online shop.   There are vinyls available on Amazon which are not expensive so I will maybe order those.

When my boat was first registered with C&RT (a number issued) I just asked them for the plates, gave them my credit card details, plates arrived a few days later.

Although my boat was C&RT registered when I bought it there was no index number on the boat .

As a temporary measure I printed up the index numbers and stuck them inside the windows using magic tape  - one on each side . 6 years later they are still there .

The index in suitable pdf format is available free and may be with your license , if you received it by email. 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JamesFrance said:

Just to update this, I have just received metal plates for my boat two and a half months after buying the license and being allocated a number.

Better late than never.?