Thetford 365 help needed.

canals are us?

Featured Posts

Around 2 years I replaced my Thetford C200 loo and replaced it with another Thetford product a 365 I believe.

It's never been a good product. Full light never worked and emailed Thetford and never got a reply! Bought spare cassettes and enlarged the hole as cassettes wider! Supposedly improvement! 

The best is Just! Went to change the cassettes and one that was full and was very tight to remove, for some reason. Had to lift locking tab and really pull to get out!

Now when you need a number 2 too! Anyway put spare cassette in and turned to open the loo hole and it wouldn't budge! The lever at the side only slides one inch and no further. This usually slides the black disk to empty the loo contents into the cassette. Wont move. Turned the slotted button on cassette itself and it does not open manually. Seems broken.

Put full cassette in which slotted shaped knob does turn the disk and re fitted cassette but lever the same as above not opening to let the waste into the cassette.

Basically loo wont let me slide the lever to empty the loo, so unusable.

Any ideas as to what is preventing the loo from opening and emptying into the cassette?

Anyone know of a good Thetford agent near Burton On Trent? Certainly not paying another £500 for the rubbish above.

If unrepairable I'll buy a Porta Potti!

James.?

5 minutes ago, canals are us? said:

Around 2 years I replaced my Thetford C200 loo and replaced it with another Thetford product a 365 I believe.

Anyone know of a good Thetford agent near Burton On Trent? Certainly not paying another £500 for the rubbish above.

If unrepairable I'll buy a Porta Potti!

I'm confused - the Thetford 365 IS a porta-potty

Porta Potti 365 | Thetford (thetford-europe.com)

Sorry, It was this one: All fixed!

C262-CWE - Plastic Bowl | Thetford (thetford-europe.com)

I decided to have a look at Youtube and saw a post of the flap not fully opening, so found the part that turns the cassette twist knob underneath the loo and it was loose., The mechanism works by ratchet to the lever on the side. Undid the screw. Lever now nice and free moving. Re-positioned plastic cog that engages with the plastic ratchet and re tightened. Flap now works on one of my cassettes!

Then looked at other  cassette and there was a piece of plastic loose inside the cassette. Fished it out and had several attempts to re fit. Needs to alight over flap mechanism with 2 bolts to pass through the holes in the plastic. It's a push fit. Fixed in place by the twist knob, that opens/closes the flap.

All fixed and gave hands a good wash!! 

Thanks. James.

Edited by canals are us?
  • Happy 1