Missing quote button on new format

howardang

Featured Posts

I have no particular issues with the new format, and I think I have now got to grips with it. However, I do have one issue which may be down to me. The new format works properly on my PC and my iPhone but on my admittedly ancient iPad the quote button is missing from all the posts so if I am using the Ipad I cannot reply and have to use one of the other devices.  I have tried deleting Canalworld Forum and reloading a number of times without success and I wondered if there is a setting that needs tweaking, but I can't see one. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Many thanks

Howard

Edited by howardang

Also missing are the numbers which are usually assigned to each post. In another thread, I wanted to direct someone to read a certain post, but couldn't do so because the posts didn't have numbers.....unless I'd missed them.

54 minutes ago, Athy said:

Also missing are the numbers which are usually assigned to each post. In another thread, I wanted to direct someone to read a certain post, but couldn't do so because the posts didn't have numbers.....unless I'd missed them.

you can create a link by hitting those three dots on the top right of the post in question and choosing "share", then copy and paste that URL to direct someone.

the whole post number thing was sometimes flummoxed by a bit of moderation though wasn't it? removal and re-numbering of posts type thing.

@howardang what browser are you using on the iPad? built in Safari or Chrome? I only ask as i've tested it on two iPad's, on on latest software and one older model stuck on old software, and both viewed fine under the Shift 2.0 theme. but both were using Chrome to view the site.

Edited by Hudds Lad
wrong theme name, DOH!

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

you can create a link by hitting those three dots on the top right of the post in question and choosing "share", then copy and paste that URL to direct someone.

the whole post number thing was sometimes flummoxed by a bit of moderation though wasn't it? removal and re-numbering of posts type thing.

@howardang what browser are you using on the iPad? built in Safari or Chrome? I only ask as i've tested it on two iPad's, on on latest software and one older model stuck on old software, and both viewed fine under the Shift 2.0 theme. but both were using Chrome to view the site.

I tried both Chrome and Safari on the old iPad but without success on either., and I also tried both systems on both Legacy and Shift! I think it is a message to me to get a new iPad.

Howard