Site Problems This evening

RichM

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

The CSS is fixing the font size, much smaller than it used to be - 13px according to inspector.

To use it on a distant screen - like a boat TV for example! - I've had to zoom so much that it's gone into reactive display mode and I get the mobile menu at the bottom not the desktop version.

I used to use the site at 125% zoom but now need to use 175% or 200% zoom.

At the top of of the page in the ribbon bar there is a 'switch' type logo which allows a number of options to customise the page, one of which is to increase font size. Does this help?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, PeterScott said:

The longer threads have developed a BIG righthand sidebar.

On the third page - over 50 posts??

This makes all the pictures smaller. As I like pictures, I think they deserve to be as big as possible.

It's new software to reduce widebeam size

5 minutes ago, DHutch said:

At the top of of the page in the ribbon bar there is a 'switch' type logo which allows a number of options to customise the page, one of which is to increase font size. Does this help?

Thanks

It doesn't appear to.

I've also tried logging out and back in having toggled it.

I was pleased you found the "get rid of irritating toolbar" button though, that worked. :)

5 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Odd, it certainly makes it make 25% larger for me here.

Yes the button works - it goes from 13px to 16px in a different browser.

I've forced my browser minimum font-size to 16px so I could read the forum so it wasn't obviously changing anything.

4 minutes ago, StephenA said:

I have to say the new colour scheme is pretty dire. The button for Page 1 is there - you just can't see it

image.png.3096ad689a9a9d7efc9f695fc6582a39.png

Yes, as said, there appear to be a few unfortunate clashes between our tweaks to the previous versions colour scheme, and the new versions defaults, it will be sorted in due coarse.

Daniel

1 hour ago, DHutch said:

There was what was flagged 'security update' to the software, something which is done reasonably often and without any other major changes. However somewhat unexpectedly it wasn't just a minor version update to patch in an update, but a major revision update to version 4.5 which comes with a significant change in appearance as well as a few other things which need accounting for. 

Echo this.

Rich and the site Moderators do an amazing amount of work to keep the site running on a day to day basis. 

Often just a few minutes here and there, but it adds up over the weeks and months, and often comes without warning when you had other plans, perhaps no more so than tonight!

Thanks lot Richard.

Daniel

Fine in Chrome but this is IE

image.png.e81d56de1036d49c3e233cf978f70953.png