Date of my JP3 (industrial unit)

Capella247

Featured Posts

The 60/ prefix would suggest a JP4 engine. Although I think the Spec may read 27.3.33, which would suggest a JP3. Is it possible the plate (and the part it is attached to) could have come from another engine?

If they got up to 38230 it would suggest they produced rather more JP3 and JP4 engines in 1951 than they had in the preceding few years.

Sorry that's not much help!

Edited by David Mack

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

The 60/ prefix would suggest a JP4 engine. Although I think the Spec may read 27.3.33, which would suggest a JP3. Is it possible the plate (and the part it is attached to) could have come from another engine?

If they got up to 38230 it would suggest they produced rather more JP3 and JP4 engines in 1951 than they had in the preceding few years.

Sorry that's not much help!

That’s what I was thinking it was a popular year.   10 plus a day, which I guess isn’t impossible.   The details spec seem right.   I guess the panel could have come off another JP3.