River Trent & Lincolnshire Waterways Flood Alerts

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Calderdale Council tweeted: "The flood siren in Walsden is sounding. Please act now & follow your flood plan. Turn off gas, water & electricity & move important items to safety. Take extra care & don't travel unless necessary. Teams are out monitoring river levels. For advice visit http://eyeoncalderdale.com"

The Environment Agency said in a statement: "River levels across the Upper River Calder Catchment have risen as a result of persistent rainfall and are now approaching levels where we expect properties to flood.

Flood siren sounds in Walsden near Todmorden as Environment Agency issues flood warning | Yorkshire Evening Post

30 minutes ago, haggis said:

It is terrible hearing about the flooding down south and I hope everyone, including boaters, stay safe.

Haggis

'Down South is fine, its those 'up North' that are in trouble.

Lincolnshire seems to be just on the Southern edge of the 'biblical rain storm' just getting showers and non-stop mizzle.

16 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

looks calm in Scotland

I'm moored less than 2 miles east of here and can confirm that the feed doesn't lie. A dusting of snow fell late last night and it is currently drizzling and very wet underfoot. The only thing going on to the west of Manse Basin is a breach currently under repair so all quiet in that direction too!

On 19/01/2021 at 09:39, matty40s said:

Major incident now being declared in South Yorkshire due to current river levels,  melting snow and amount of forecast rainfall.

York levels are already high at the Kings Head

Screenshot_20210119-093822_Chrome.jpg

This is one of the Farson webcam sites available at: https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/york with national river coverage. The Warwickshire Avon cameras are usually interesting ones to watch .............. amongst others. A few years back I started a nail-biting thread where we watched the water levels climb up the no entry sign as the fate of two boats moored outside the railings was hotly debated. As another post in this thread records, the outcome was not as dire as many predicted!

1 hour ago, Up-Side-Down said:

This is one of the Farson webcam sites available at: https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/york with national river coverage. The Warwickshire Avon cameras are usually interesting ones to watch .............. amongst others. A few years back I started a nail-biting thread where we watched the water levels climb up the no entry sign as the fate of two boats moored outside the railings was hotly debated. As another post in this thread records, the outcome was not as dire as many predicted!

At 12:45 seems up as good 300mm on that photo!

7 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

'Down South is fine, its those 'up North' that are in trouble.

Sorry to be so "slack" with my terminology but I thought it was well known that I live in Scotland and all of England is down south to me. I should have known that someone would take me to task but I just wanted to let those threatened by flooding that I was thinking of them. 

Haggis

• Greenie 1
  • Love 2