Thoughts on a frankenstein boat?

thingsweregood

Featured Posts

The bow is definitely historic. It's the stern end of a riveted iron or steel butty (or horseboat), built between about 1910 and the late 1930s. It was probably originally composite (iron or steel hull sides, 3" thick elm bottom), so will almost certainly have been fitted with a new steel baseplate when the current stern was added.

It's a shame @pete harrison hasn't posted for a while as he may well know the history of this boat.

I like the canoe.

What a strange way to sell a boat, Gumtree, but hey, it's in London, so there will be lots of odd people looking for something to live on, and this gives them a roof over their heads, and a modern look.

The description is amazing: memory foam, and LED down lighting, nothing much about things experienced boaters would need to know. Did they really say solar gives you autonomy all year round? 

Someone will buy it, but maybe better it is someone else, unless you feel "the boat has found you". :)

I thought that the interior looked big for a 45 foot cruiser-stern boat; on closer examination, some sort of trick photography appears to have ben used to make the interior look longer - note, for example, how stretched the hob looks. So some of the pictures are somewhat deceptive.

I'm surprised that he hasn't mentioned the make of engine. It looks like a Lister.