Engine identification

CaraLu

Featured Posts

Hello! I am trying to identify the model of my engine in order to fit a new oil filter. (The is an high oil pressure problem causing it to piss oil. Though to change filter first to rule that out)

Its a Kubota and has nanni dio sol 302801. Have tried midland chandlers, they only supply one oil filter for all kubotas. Should I just go with this? Or try to be more specific? 

Hope someone can help! 

Thanks 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, CaraLu said:

Hello! I am trying to identify the model of my engine in order to fit a new oil filter. (The is an high oil pressure problem causing it to piss oil. Though to change filter first to rule that out)

Its a Kubota and has nanni dio sol 302801. Have tried midland chandlers, they only supply one oil filter for all kubotas. Should I just go with this? Or try to be more specific? 

Hope someone can help! 

Thanks 

More info needed.

A photo of the engine,where exactly is it leaking ,age of engine etc.

There are much more knowledable people on here than me,who will try to help,but for a start,is the crankcase breather blocked?a blocked oil filter could cause what you are experiencing,

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

More info needed.

A photo of the engine,where exactly is it leaking ,age of engine etc.

There are much more knowledable people on here than me,who will try to help,but for a start,is the crankcase breather blocked?a blocked oil filter could cause what you are experiencing,

Should not, the filter has a bypass valve in it (unless its an on-line or open market bargain) so oil flow avoids passing through he filter material.

Unless its leaking from the filter on the info supplied  I would suspect a faulty oil pressure sender/gauge confusing the OP and

and its a gasket leak that may or may not be caused by a blocked crankcase breather.

If it really is high oil pressure then the oil pressure releif valve needs checking in case its has jammed shut but that is very rare, they usually jamb open.

• Greenie 1

Most of the Kubotas that us boat people come across use the same filter. If you want to dig a bit further an agricultural dealer will be useful if there is one nearby. 3 cylinder? 4 cylinder? They are used in ride on mowers, really big ride on mowers, tractors of all shapes and sizes and all sorts of other plant and machinery. Same with fuel filters.

Nanni diosol is of course Nannidiesel. 

Probably a Kubota V1505. 

Parts should be readily available. 

https://www.peachment.co.uk/

Are a UK distributor for these units. 

Quite likely to be this item and probably the same one as midland swindlers are selling. 

https://www.asap-supplies.com/products/mann-w-67-1-spin-on-oil-filter-for-kubota-nanni-beta-yanmar-102067

Edited by magnetman

Kubota engines use different oil filters depending on base engine model. 05 series engines use a M20 x 1.5 metric thread and 03 series engines use a 3/4" UN -16 thread. Fitting the metric filter to the 03 series engine will end in tears. The threads just about hold on the tips of the thread, and will let go under pressure, emptying the sump into the bilge and seizing the engine.

• Greenie 1

Then theres the shape of the filter to consider, the bit inside the sealing ring (including the thread) in this case. I once removed a filter from a friends 03 series engine, in less than one turn! The offending filter was concave, and barely reached the threaded spigot on the engine; the correct filter was convex and took about half a dozen turns to tighten. 
Sorry, I don't have the same info on the 05 series engine.