Washing machines on boats

cairanvanrooyen

Featured Posts

On 18/01/2021 at 15:03, Slim said:

How urgent is your need to know? As I said earlier I have a 3.5 kg Candy and were I able to go to the boat I could easily run it on a cold cycle via the inverter and keep a close eye on the battery monitoring. I'd only have to watch constantly during and just after the fill stage. I imagine I'll be going to the boat the first day I can. ?

Hi @Slim, I am in no particular rush - we have a washing machine where we are moored and I will wait until i am sure I have the right washing machine before ordering.

1 hour ago, cairanvanrooyen said:

Hi @Slim, I am in no particular rush - we have a washing machine where we are moored and I will wait until i am sure I have the right washing machine before ordering.

OK. Just watch the news for when they say travel is allowed between Watford and Cropredy. Will report back then.

On 23/01/2021 at 13:20, Chris John said:

I did a cold wash this morning. There was a spike at 1132w then low throughout the wash 

72C81A50-5116-47F9-BE96-6A53DF3AC064.jpeg

@Chris John thank you for sharing this. This is very interesting. This machine looks to have been a very affordable price (£239 at Currys), particularly when compared with the alternatives (£400 to £500). Sadly I cannot find any for sale at the moment, apart from a second hand one in Scotland on eBay

55 minutes ago, cairanvanrooyen said:

@Chris John thank you for sharing this. This is very interesting. This machine looks to have been a very affordable price (£239 at Currys), particularly when compared with the alternatives (£400 to £500). Sadly I cannot find any for sale at the moment, apart from a second hand one in Scotland on eBay

Regarding the one on eBay, it might be worth getting a courier quote to collect and deliver, especially if they accept a lower offer?  I have used these guys in the past, moonexpress4u@gmail.com  they were very reasonable, but of course I don't know how far into Scotland they would collect.