Foxes Afloat TV

jaime66

Featured Posts

On 09/01/2021 at 21:11, PD1964 said:

If you wish to see the New Breed of middle class boaters/Vloggers check these New Vloggers out. These two come across as desperate to be on the Social Media Platform. Even have a weekly Pod Cast to tell the world of their experience of living in a Marina for a month, a shop for their merchandise (even though they have never been out yet or through a lock) and the obligatory Donations page (to pay for the running costs of their new car and residential Marina mooring)

https://www.lovelifetriumph.co.uk/

Never seen anyone who has just bought a boat wanting it so much (Not the boating life but Social Media acceptance) Total Pantomime performances and tragic that a couple of their age are trying so hard to be accepted by the other Media boaters. They must dream of being like “Foxesafloat” A sad reflection of what seams important to new boaters no matter what age.?

I did watch two or three episodes of their vlogs but I have to say they got on my nerves within the first minute each time.  But they have decent numbers of viewers, so I think I'll leave it to them.

58 minutes ago, Tom Morgan said:

I did watch two or three episodes of their vlogs but I have to say they got on my nerves within the first minute each time.  But they have decent numbers of viewers, so I think I'll leave it to them.

It took you three episodes? You nust have more tolerence of inept presentation, and pathetic humour.

7 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

It took you three episodes? You nust have more tolerence of inept presentation, and pathetic humour.

So as you are so critical David of the things that other people find amusing, Foxes, Mrs. Browns boys etc

What tickles you??

25 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Didn't make myself clear ?   I watched one and couldn't get past the first minute.  Tried with two more episodes just to be fair, but with the same result.

8 minutes ago, Tom Morgan said:

Didn't make myself clear ?   I watched one and couldn't get past the first minute.  Tried with two more episodes just to be fair, but with the same result.

Yes I did understand that. It just intrigued me that it took trying three episodes (albeit only a minute of each) to realise that it is awful. You must be more prepared to give fools a chance to improve, I skimmed though one and and did not have the will to try any more.

1 hour ago, Tom Morgan said:

i had a similar problem with a different channel who's name i won't mention, i was just about coping with him constantly demeaning his wife ("haha she knows i don't mean it, i love her really" etc.), but then when he started singing that was it :( 

42 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Taking the other angle; can you (or anyone) explain how you find Mrs Brown Boys anything other than cringeworthy?

This is a completely genuine question - I honestly do not even begin to understand.

I take my taste in comedy in the same way as my music.

I have a broad range which I enjoy. eg last night we sat and watched Happy Birthday Mr. Bean and laughed from beginning to end. It is utterly silly and childish but still funny. A bit like Mrs Brown, it appeals to the 6 year old in me. Atkinson is a comic genius who can switch character brilliantly. O'Carroll writes some very clever lines, yes perhaps some of it is a bit smutty for some tastes but I'm not easily offended.

So I tend not restrict what I am prepared to watch and will often enjoy an episode of Black Adder (esp. goes Forth -Atkinson again)  and I also like 'Have I got News for you' and similar which is witty in a much more 'adult' way.

I am not a big fan of US sit. coms though.

37 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its because we are not so well educated as lots on here

.... or 'posh'. 

I liked @Chagall 's earlier comment about dialing down the 'snobbery' to be able to enjoy Mr's Brown's boys.

9 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I take my taste in comedy in the same way as my music.

I have a broad range which I enjoy. eg last night we sat and watched Happy Birthday Mr. Bean and laughed from beginning to end. It is utterly silly and childish but still funny. A bit like Mrs Brown, it appeals to the 6 year old in me. Atkinson is a comic genius who can switch character brilliantly. O'Carroll writes some very clever lines, yes perhaps some of it is a bit smutty for some tastes but I'm not easily offended.

So I tend not restrict what I am prepared to watch and will often enjoy an episode of Black Adder (esp. goes Forth -Atkinson again)  and I also like 'Have I got News for you' and similar which is witty in a much more 'adult' way.

I am not a big fan of US sit. coms though.

.... or 'posh'. 

I liked @Chagall 's earlier comment about dialing down the 'snobbery' to be able to enjoy Mr's Brown's boys.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty relaxed about music, obviously I have particular favourites but I will listen to anything except country or rap. With comedy I really only enjoy satire but would not complain about anything which you mention except Mrs Brown. It really annoys me, it's like being in the shower when the Archers comes on the bathroom radio! The only US 'sit-com' I watch is re-runs of MASH.

I hope I'm not a snob - not really for me to judge - but absolutely no one who knows me would ever call me "posh".

10 hours ago,  ditchcrawler said: 

"Its because we are not so well educated as lots on here"

Most of my 'education' happened after I had finished with formal learning. Anyone who regrets a perceived lack of education has the solution in their own hands I think.

On 10/01/2021 at 09:08, stagedamager said:

As a point of discussion...... surely if these vloggers make money from "hits" on their videos, that surely classes as an income and as such I would like to.assume they would have a roving trader licence??? As this is becoming more popular I wonder if CRT will change their licence terms to include vloggers......

Guess they should also start charging extra licence fees then for people working from home during the lockdown, as they are making money whilst on the boat?

fool.

14 hours ago, frahkn said:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty relaxed about music, obviously I have particular favourites but I will listen to anything except country or rap. With comedy I really only enjoy satire but would not complain about anything which you mention except Mrs Brown. It really annoys me, it's like being in the shower when the Archers comes on the bathroom radio! The only US 'sit-com' I watch is re-runs of MASH.

I hope I'm not a snob - not really for me to judge - but absolutely no one who knows me would ever call me "posh".

10 hours ago,  ditchcrawler said: 

"Its because we are not so well educated as lots on here"

Most of my 'education' happened after I had finished with formal learning. Anyone who regrets a perceived lack of education has the solution in their own hands I think.

I've never seen Mrs Brown but I've seen a trailer.  That was more than enough.  Chucklevision had more sophisticated humour.

Edited by doratheexplorer

55 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

I've never seen Mrs Brown but I've seen a trailer.  That was more than enough.  Chucklevision had more sophisticated humour.

But therein lies the disdain, a trailer gives a poor overall experience, it is an acquired taste but it improves when you've watched a few and got to know the characters and the formula.   Getting over that initial distaste means watching quite a few episodes, like many things it gets better over time. You tend to ignore some of the very corny humour and wait for the hidden gems. 

13 minutes ago, Chagall said:

But therein lies the disdain, a trailer gives a poor overall experience, it is an acquired taste but it improves when you've watched a few and got to know the characters and the formula.   Getting over that initial distaste means watching quite a few episodes, like many things it gets better over time. You tend to ignore some of the very corny humour and wait for the hidden gems. 

Why make a trailer which makes a show look worse than it is?

6 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

If you chuckle at the word 'feck' or 'feckin' then Mrs Brown's boys is for you, if not then its probably best avoided... :)

Just a query, did you ever enjoy Les Dawson and Roy Barraclough (sp) in the over the garden fence sketches? 

Just now, doratheexplorer said:

Why make a trailer which makes a show look worse than it is?

Because its tongue in cheek comedy and impossible to fit the whole of the nuance in a trailer. 

16 minutes ago, Chagall said:

As a teenager I 'could not stand' the taste of beer (any beer) and my mates would say "stick with it, you'll get used to the taste" and I thought why should I go thru' day, weeks, months of drinking something I don't like when there are so many drinks I do like, I never took to beer and still don't drink it.

I feel the same about Mrs Brown - why put up with watching something so awful when there is stuff I could be watching and enjoying ?

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 4

5 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

It's on BBC and BBC don't really do comedy anymore... makes it easy to avoid also (no licence). as for the nuance of it, its all captured in post #64  :)

No not all, but those that do enjoy it will know where else it lies.  Have you watched beyond the "feck and the "feckin" ? 

2 minutes ago, Chagall said:

No not all, but those that do enjoy it will know where else it lies.  Have you watched beyond the "feck and the "feckin" ? 

yes of course..... it was funny when it first started - maybe series one, possibly two, but its just the same formula rewrapped and broadcast..  its great you like it and find it funny, especially during these times...  :)

On 09/01/2021 at 09:34, jaime66 said:

After watch the foxes lads of YouTube and thinking how well made it is compared to whats on normal tv and hearing they have new boat built how much do you think they are making ??? not have a go at them if anything well done and hope they can carry on for make more shows .

You can get some indication from a website called social blade and searching for the channel you are interested in.  They give a wide range of income though as it is difficult to calculate as it depends on how the account is setup and how many adverts are allowed during transmission and many other factors.  

However, an account setup with adverts at the beginning and during will likely earn something near the top of the range so if you assume around 75-80% it is near enough.

These estimates do not of course estimate any income from other sources like T-Shirt sales or Patreon site contributions.

Foxes Afloat's YouTube Stats (Summary Profile) - Social Blade Stats