Boaters fined £30,000 for breaching Covid rules.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Go fund me time.

If that constitutes an investment in enough ballast to take them below the surface, I'm in!

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

:clapping:

What an admirable expression! Is it a BWM original?

Cheers, it certainly is. It was a struggle to describe in any other way!

I would like to see the police act as they did in a recent rave in Brittany:

a cordon around the offending boat and not allow anyone to leave without paying an on-the-spot fine, which will require each raver to spend 10 minutes filling out forms and making a statement, one at a time.   The boating life will soon pall when 100 hungry tired and cold ravers find the bogs are blocked and the party pills have run out.

• Greenie 3

2 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

a cordon around the offending boat and not allow anyone to leave without paying an on-the-spot fine, which will require each raver to spend 10 minutes filling out forms and making a statement, one at a time.   The boating life will soon pall when 100 hungry tired and cold ravers find the bogs are blocked and the party pills have run out.

If only.

Instead here they will be told they have been naughty boys and girls and now please go home.  And probably offered a lift.

23 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

a cordon around the offending boat and not allow anyone to leave without paying an on-the-spot fine, which will require each raver to spend 10 minutes filling out forms and making a statement, one at a time. 

The French, making people fill forms in? Oh, surely not.

2 minutes ago, Tacet said:

Does any one know why there was nitrous dioxide?

If it was Nitrogen Dioxide, they would be in big trouble inhaling that!

More likely to be Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas, anaesthetic) popular with the yoof, sold in little metal capsules.

• Greenie 2

People also ask

What are nitrous oxide canisters for?
Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas that when inhaled can make people feel euphoric and relaxed. ... Nitrous oxide is normally bought in pressurised canisters. It is then transferred to a container such as a balloon to be inhaled.

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

People also ask

What are nitrous oxide canisters for?
Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas that when inhaled can make people feel euphoric and relaxed. ... Nitrous oxide is normally bought in pressurised canisters. It is then transferred to a container such as a balloon to be inhaled.

The report says NITROGEN DIOXIDE (different 'stuff')

23 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The report says NITROGEN DIOXIDE (different 'stuff')

another ignorant journalist is all.  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Thomas C King said:

What a waste of risking everyone's life, raves are rubbish; generally awful music (you're not going to get top-flight DJs...), and you're not likely to find great conversation either.

that's where the funny gas comes in - without that the whole experience will be rubbish.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

My 23 foot beam is rated for 12 on CatD waters

Maybe there was 'overspill' onto the bank-side.

12 passengers is the maximum permitted on any pleasure boat in the UK, although insurance conditions may permit a smaller number of passengers

6 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

12 passengers is the maximum permitted on any pleasure boat in the UK, although insurance conditions may permit a smaller number of passengers

You tell that to the Nottingham Princess or any of the Thames pleasure boats, they will laugh their socks off at you.