jakenaljib

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Rework.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the amateurish (Braunston) undercounter kitchen area.

Unfortunately, this has also meant removing most of the upper cupboards to get the old washing machine out, and the new kit in.

Gone from 50cm inlander 89 litre12v to 60cm Lieberhh 145 litre 240v. 

Going From Thetford Vanette 50cm cooker/grill and  separate Vanette hob to 60cm Belling twin oven/grill and large Smeg hob. This is the biggest job as the units need completely rebuilding to get the oven in.

12v extractor going in.

Magic corner shelving gone in, cant believe how much out of date crap was tucked away in the depths. Another magic pull out angled unit gone in.

Once all the above is done, I will be taking the old worksurfaces out as a template and getting new either coriander or granite(still not decided)

Then I can rebuild the top cupboards.....with more glass and lights.

Phew.

Kitchen!!  Don’t you mean galley. Them kitchens belong in ouses. ??

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Kiwidad said:

A weekends work ?

Nah, got to be midweek, can't rip things apart and take over the boat with anything more than the cat in the way.

55 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

You might find corian is a better worktop than coriander.

Ah, you havnt seen the new vegan kitchen supply store tops yet then......you can get  crushed garlic, mint and basil ones too, scratch and sniff design.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2021 at 01:30, Richard10002 said:

I have a Thetford Spinflo Caprice from 2000 or so. It looks and feels like a “proper cooker” :)

Mine is a cream colour but This looks like the latest version and I can highly recommend it.

https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/spinflo/caprice/mk3/oven/

I have this cooker.

I fitted it myself......and we didn't use the boat much in the first year. In the second year we started to use it more......and it wouldn't stay alight.

I contacted Thetford......and imagine my surprise that it was guaranteed for three years !

I then asked them how I could get it back to their service centre ?.

They said....they don't expect people to do that...and they organised an engineers straight away.

He turned up exactly on time....on a Saturday evening...and surmised that it needed a door switch on a bracket that he didn't have.

I told him I wanted to move off on the Sunday morning...and he said " no problem...I'll phone and locate you".

Sunday....4pm...he phoned......drove an hour to get to me.....and fully repaired it....all covered by the guarantee.

Now that....is what I call....excellent service !

• Greenie 1