Flore Lane Wharf - Weedon

mark99

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, mark99 said:

As it's only just come on the market I doubt whether its a repeat?

Dont believe that date on rightmove. If it changes agent it will have a new date. If if was under offer and then fell through it has a new date when it is put back on. They could take it off the market over xmas and then put back on. New date. Most houses get most views when they are new on rightmove. 

If you search this forum I am sure it is on here

21 minutes ago, mark99 said:

175 foot of canal frontage.

On the outside of a sharp bend.

I was once following an ex working boat travelling north that got that bend seriously wrong after encountering a boat coming the other way. Result was that it clouted the bank very hard right by the house. I was rather concerned about just how close to the waters edge was that brick pillar which holds up the upper storey of the house. I can now see from the photos in the ad that it is a bit further back than I feared.

34 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Regardless of the semantics, I still think it's a nice house!!

It's reduced £100K 80K since last time.

Still a lot of dosh however!

Edited by mark99

It depends if the property is split, with a new tenant in the apartment. The previous owners daughter moored her boat there, and paid EOG fees, which she really didnt have to as the wharf had historical mooring rights and BW didnt own the bank. However, the owner saw demand letters and didnt challenge, just paid the Bill's.

Once the daughter decided she needed a small studio (10 foot pontoon with shed)she asked CRT and they refused point blank. Tried again,  No.

So she upped sticks, moored in a local marina with colourful shed for a fee less than the EOG fee they were originally paying, and now CRT have zero income for that site.

A new owner may well be able to challenge and insist on both free, and more boats.

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It depends if the property is split, with a new tenant in the apartment. The previous owners daughter moored her boat there, and paid EOG fees, which she really didnt have to as the wharf had historical mooring rights and BW didnt own the bank. However, the owner saw demand letters and didnt challenge, just paid the Bill's.

Once the daughter decided she needed a small studio (10 foot pontoon with shed)she asked CRT and they refused point blank. Tried again,  No.

So she upped sticks, moored in a local marina with colourful shed for a fee less than the EOG fee they were originally paying, and now CRT have zero income for that site.

A new owner may well be able to challenge and insist on both free, and more boats.

Better check the sofa for lose change matty ??

30 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

you can use 'property log' chrome plugin, to see old prices, (but does not show for this property)

You can also search directly on the land registry website. The only likely match for this property is "Old Granary Wharf" which sold for £400k on 20/11/2002 and for £722.5k on 10/10/2014. But it's not clear if it is the same property.