David Yule

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Give it time, give it time.

edit - That said - on the flip side though you might earn some brownie points on there for 'standing up to the old farts on CWDF'.

PS - I'm not sure you are in a strong enough position to be calling others facile names like 'sofa surfers' are you? What are you if not a 'sofa surfer'.

There are quite a few on here who need to grow up a bit. Mr shouty, mr angry etc etc

The telltale sign of course is the fact you need moderators. Just that in itself speaks volumes.

3 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

There are quite a few on here who need to grow up a bit. Mr shouty, mr angry etc etc

The telltale sign of course is the fact you need moderators. Just that in itself speaks volumes.

You assign facile stupid names to others and say THEY are the ones that need to grow up?

Do you not realise how dumb that makes you look?

Moderation on here these days tends not to kick in unless to remove obscenities, spam etc etc.

5 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Said he, with all the vast experience of nine posts behind him.

Perhaps it's the volume of traffic on this forum that necessitates filtering out the more extreme examples of rudeness and intolerance?

1 hour ago, David Yule said:

Like I said 

Ultracrepidarian 

Google its meaning Victor Meldrew?

In my limited experience of special interest forums, such as this, Ultracrepidarian is written into their DNA. After all, if you wanted really expert advice, you would have to pay a significant amount of money for it! When you get here is like all freebies - you take what you want and quietly leave the rest alone. 

• Greenie 1

Does no-one else like how the boat looks? I'd change the colour to white, make it look the 60s vision of the future. In any case, aesthetics not really a reason not to do it, canal boats often don't look nice to me (especially the ones covered in moss).

Edited by Thomas C King

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

If you think you have had a hard time on here dude you will likely have your head ripped off good and proper on Thunderboat.

No mods. over their to stop people stating what they really want to say about you I'm afraid.

Actually, quite a few of the head rippers have left! 

8 minutes ago, Thomas C King said:

Does no-one else like how the boat looks? I'd change the colour to white, make it look the 60s vision of the future. In any case, aesthetics not really a reason not to do it, canal boats often don't look nice to me (especially the ones covered in moss).

I dont like the orange colour, but it will look good in different colour

BelugaXL-Airbus-WHALEPLANE0718.jpg

6082862_20170126062218188_1_XLARGE.jpg?f

Edited by restlessnomad

Just now, Thomas C King said:

I quite like them, but they are really not suitable for use on the canals.  That's not a criticism of them, they were just designed for a totally different job.  I think the main appeal is that they are cheap, and because they are ex-lifeboats they are perceived as being well built and safe.

There are quite a few of them on the Northern canal network, and watching people trying to jump on and off them near locks or swingbridges is quite educational - the access is quite awkward.

I see Navvie's Ark already had a mention in the thread, here's more details and pictures:

https://www.lancashirelife.co.uk/homes-gardens/interiors/navvies-ark-the-lifeboat-that-brings-luxury-to-lancashire-s-waterways-1-4207373

56 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Is that Dave Moore scumbling?(sorry Dave).. ???looks like that are respecting the traditions of the canals to me.

46 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Wrapped

Nah, it's painted.

David Crossley did it up at Garstang on the Lancaster.

https://bigwhitefrog.com/

Edited by TheBiscuits
Add a bit

4 hours ago, Thomas C King said:

Not all narrow boats covered in moss are intentional.

At the time the owner of this boat was terminally ill and unable to clean his boat.

Whaley Bridge 2007.

DSCF1579.JPG

5 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Not all narrow boats covered in moss are intentional.

At the time the owner of this boat was terminally ill and unable to clean his boat.

Whaley Bridge 2007.

I remember it well, tried to buy it at the time. Up the arm at Whalley Bridge. I think I have seen it since, cleaned up.

6 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Now see what you have done, the annoying one has appeared on TB. I don’t normally hold grudges but on this occasion I’m prepared to make an exception!

Eeeeek!
You can beat me, rub me down with sandpaper and pour boiling oil over my parts but please, please don't make me join Thunderboat - I'm scared.

• Haha 1