David Yule

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, David Yule said:

There seems to be a lot of Ultracrepidarian people on here. Lots of Biterness and not helpful at all. I'm sure they put people of by nasty, vindictive comments. Maybe they need to get a life / personality and chill the **** out dudes.

Hey Dude (see what I did there folks)
The good folk of Canalworld Forum are very protective of the waterways and on the odd occasion may sound a little brusque. There is an alternative and very friendly boating forum where I'm sure you will be afforded an appropriate welcome. Google 'Thunderboat Forum'.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

The good folk of Canalworld Forum are very protective of the waterways and on the odd occasion may sound a little brusque. There is an alternative and very friendly boating forum where I'm sure you will be afforded an appropriate welcome. Google 'Thunderboat Forum'.

Oi! do you mind! Kindly don’t send your rejected dross to our friendly little group!

• Greenie 1
  • Love 2
  • Horror 1

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The truth of the matter is that as soon as you put a post 'in the public domain' it is no longer 'yours' and you have no rights or control over what is posted.

Maybe Admin need to control the Trolls a bit better ?. If they cant be nice and positive, no need to comment. 

12 minutes ago, David Yule said:

Maybe Admin need to control the Trolls a bit better ?. If they cant be nice and positive, no need to comment. 

Possibly, but fortunately there aren't any on this thread.

37 minutes ago, David Yule said:

Kindly get of my Post please. Nothing but negativity from you. 

Is this an example of a "nice and positive" post? Its aim appears to be to antagonise a long-established member. Please try to be more civil, as per our rules and guidelines.

3 hours ago, Midnight said:

Now see what you have done, the annoying one has appeared on TB. I don’t normally hold grudges but on this occasion I’m prepared to make an exception!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

Now see what you have done, the annoying one has appeared on TB. I don’t normally hold grudges but on this occasion I’m prepared to make an exception!

It's alright Nick, we won't Telem what your name is on the other forum. :D

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, David Yule said:

Please read and heed my forum signature.

40 minutes ago, David Yule said:

Ah the entitled one only wants to hear from people who agree and support him. Such a shame the real world isn’t like that!

12 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Ah the entitled one only wants to hear from people who agree and support him. Such a shame the real world isn’t like that!

Particularly when the proposed actions will alienate the vast majority of the community in which he intends to operate.

A typical Ninnyhammer.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Just now, David Yule said:

Like I said 

Ultracrepidarian 

Google its meaning Victor Meldrew?

If you think you have had a hard time on here dude you will likely have your head ripped off good and proper on Thunderboat.

No mods. over their to stop people stating what they really want to say about you I'm afraid.

On 04/01/2021 at 09:42, David Yule said:

Does anyone live on a Ex Oil rig Life Boat on the Canal. I'm looking at buying one. Any tips and advice most welcome. The locks are too narrow near me. Anyone just move every 2 weeks on there stretch of Canal. 

So the OP asks a reasonable question because he doesn't know and rather than just pointing out what he is asking is not a good idea and why some people just go headlong to bombast him forcing an argument ending in name calling. As been said before this is a great group for a new comer to ether the canals or this forum.

• Greenie 3

10 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

If you think you have had a hard time on here dude you will likely have your head ripped off good and proper on Thunderboat.

No mods. over their to stop people stating what they really want to say about you I'm afraid.

I had a mooch on that forum yesterday, it is certainly a lot friendlier than this place. A plus was the fact that most seem to be real boaters rather than sofa surfers.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

I had a mooch on that forum yesterday, it is certainly a lot friendlier than this place. A plus was the fact that most seem to be real boaters rather than sofa surfers.

Give it time, give it time.

edit - That said - on the flip side though you might earn some brownie points on there for 'standing up to the old farts on CWDF'.

PS - I'm not sure you are in a strong enough position to be calling others facile names like 'sofa surfers' are you? What are you if not a 'sofa surfer'.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

8 minutes ago, Jon johan said:

Deluded. Its a bun fight every day on Thunderbox.

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

So the OP asks a reasonable question because he doesn't know and rather than just pointing out what he is asking is not a good idea and why some people just go headlong to bombast him forcing an argument ending in name calling. As been said before this is a great group for a new comer to ether the canals or this forum.

He asked a question and has been left with no doubt as to the answer. That is a good result, surely. Mind you he will probably be phoning up Daniel and demanding a recount, demanding that Daniel finds those 11,780 missing posts that support his proposal.

• Haha 3
  • Horror 1

23 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

I have come across a couple of these ex oil rig lifeboats.One,moored at Sowerby bridge,and another moves around the Calder and Hebble/Aire and Calder.

I helped the latter one when he ran aground at Salterhebble.Very roomy looking but,really ugly.It initially looked to me like a dead whale or like a large boat that had been turned over.

When I helped to move it I cheekily asked if he needed a hand to turn it the right way up,but he wasn't amused.

The one at Sowerby Bridge has a mooring at shire cruisers.

That other one you mentioned has been lingering on the same stretch of the canal for over a year now. It turned up in Salterhebble around Nov/Dec 2019? And its gone from the middle lock to the bottom of Tuel Lane locks (next to Shire Cruisers...) In that time. According to canal planner that's 2 miles... Or an hour of time...

In over 365 days.

It hasn't gone up those particular locks for a reason I imagine. Covid certainly isn't the reason but somehow it's been allowed to hang around.

Edited by Unicorn Stampede