Do not use Mobile Phone HotSpots for Internet.

dmr

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, CV32 said:

I bought a three 24 month 24GB sim last year for use in my car (Spotify, map updates etc). Of course, the fact i live in France (mostly, certainly for the last 18 months due to covid) has meant i exceeded their 'reasonable use' data allowance and they promptly cut me off in October 2021.

Erm, why don't you get a plan from a French telecoms company?

If Three UK are offering to let you use the rest of your data allowance (non-roaming, in the UK) that sounds fair enough to me.  Using the entire data allowance in a different country isn't a valid use of a UK data plan.

12 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Erm, why don't you get a plan from a French telecoms company?

If Three UK are offering to let you use the rest of your data allowance (non-roaming, in the UK) that sounds fair enough to me.  Using the entire data allowance in a different country isn't a valid use of a UK data plan.

It was sold as a 'with legs' data SIM that included roaming. It then appeared that they decided to enact their 2 month overseas clause. I think they have been very fair and I have in fact increased my French SIM data allowance to take care of the situation. We will use the Three SIM if we get back to the boat before October when it expires. My French SIM is SOSH - the cheap version of orange.

Edited by CV32
  • Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Get over it, like it or not it's a done deal.

Tell Brexiteers to get over it.  they keep dragging up ancient history about the referendum.   Now what we have is to look forward to all these benefits, you know things like not being able to stay on the continent for 180 days, roaming charges etc.

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Tell Brexiteers to get over it.  they keep dragging up ancient history about the referendum.   Now what we have is to look forward to all these benefits, you know things like not being able to stay on the continent for 180 days, roaming charges etc.

Agreed, but what's the point of going on about it. It's done, and won't get undone for a long time, so start dealing with what we have, rather than what we used to have.

3 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Agreed, but what's the point of going on about it. It's done, and won't get undone for a long time, so start dealing with what we have, rather than what we used to have.

The problem is what we have seems to be unending problems and rubbish.  Something needs to be done and soon either all the advantages of leaving suddenly appear or we are told they won't appear.   Either way we need to know.  It would be possible to settle to the rubbish situation if or should that be if (i.e. a big if) the government and Brexiteers came clean and admitted things were in a mess and unlikely to get better.   As long as nearly half the population (possibly more now) think they have been conned and sold down the river resentment will continue.  I said when the referendum was announced it would split the country for decades and that was before anybody had voted.

2 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

I agree that we have no choice to put up with it, for along as it takes. I don't think anybody is arguing with you there. 

However, you seem to be agreeing that it is shite, was always going to be shite, will continue to be shite, and that those who believed it wasn't going to be shite were conned by people like you.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

I agree that we have no choice to put up with it, for along as it takes. I don't think anybody is arguing with you there. 

However, you seem to be agreeing that it is shite, was always going to be shite, will continue to be shite, and that those who believed it wasn't going to be shite were conned by people like you.

People like me? Lots of assumptions there - don't think I stated which side of the fence I'm on. I was agreeing to Jerra's point about 'Tell Brexiteers to get over it'. By all means if you don't agree with something, do something about it, no point keep moaning about a decision that has been made - make the best of it in the meantime, and work to change it if that's what you want.

As a general point, many people and organisations are quick to blame Brexit for what they can't do, rather than work on a positive outcome for what they can do.

2 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

People like me? Lots of assumptions there - don't think I stated which side of the fence I'm on. I was agreeing to Jerra's point about 'Tell Brexiteers to get over it'. By all means if you don't agree with something, do something about it, no point keep moaning about a decision that has been made - make the best of it in the meantime, and work to change it if that's what you want.

As a general point, many people and organisations are quick to blame Brexit for what they can't do, rather than work on a positive outcome for what they can do.

Lots of assumptions? Maybe one assumption, but that's all. You haven't confirmed or denied it have you? Which side of the fence are you on then?

What is most noticeable in your reply is that you have complete avoided the real point of my post.

"However, you "seem" to be agreeing that it is shite, was always going to be shite, will continue to be shite, and that those who believed it wasn't going to be shite were conned"

16 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Just curious; what can they do that they couldn't BB (Before Brexit)?