PDF attachment

Featured Posts

Just now, Paul Gwilliams said:

How do I attach a PDF to a post. I keep getting a message listing permitted formats, pdf's not being one of them. 

Thought pdf's were allowed or am I having a senior moment

They used to be allowed a few versions of the forum software ago, and now are not.

You can of course insert a link to them elsewhere on the internet, but you can't upload them to the forum anymore.

54 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

They used to be allowed a few versions of the forum software ago, and now are not.

You can of course insert a link to them elsewhere on the internet, but you can't upload them to the forum anymore.

Yes, despite the fact that the rest of the internet uses pdf files liberally to make available documents and drawings originally prepared on all sorts of different platforms, the forum software providers have denied us the ability to do the same.

Just now, David Mack said:

Yes, despite the fact that the rest of the internet uses pdf files liberally to make available documents and drawings originally prepared on all sorts of different platforms, the forum software providers have denied us the ability to do the same.

No,  just the ability to upload them onto the forum server.  I quite often link to PDF files hosted elsewhere.

It might even be a choice made by @DHutch and/or @RichM specifically for CWDF rather than an Invision requirement. 

1 hour ago, Paul Gwilliams said:

Thank you

What I sometimes do is download the PDF and then do a screen grab of the bit I want to refer to and post it as an image.

Then include a link in case people want to investigate further themselves.

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

No,  just the ability to upload them onto the forum server.  I quite often link to PDF files hosted elsewhere.

It might even be a choice made by @DHutch and/or @RichM specifically for CWDF rather than an Invision requirement. 

When I asked the reason why, I was told it was the Invision decision as they had found that a high percentage of Pdf's carry Virus's.

Doesn;t seem to worry other forum providers.