Glasson dock

sunny

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, sunny said:

The car park is on the side of the large basin thro the sea lock  it has hard standing chandlery workshops etc been taken over by aqua vista

Are you on about the large pay and display carpark or the carpark inside the marina fence?

The large carpark along the North wall of the basin runs from The Victoria pub (closed) to the cottages by the church.  The butty van is at one end of it.  The parking enforcement notices say it's Glasson Dock Harbour Authority property.

If you mean the carpark inside the marina itself, that seems an odd place to put flats, and is probably leased to Aquavista anyway.

Where did you hear this rumour?  It can't have been a bloke in a pub because they're shut! :D

2 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Any CRT disposals/granting of leases have to be published, the recent ones are Here:

Public notices | Canal & River Trust

I don't think it's going to be on that list, as I don't think it's CRT property.

It's also not on the list of planning applications for Lancaster City Council who it comes under, and both suggested  sites are also in a Conservation Area that includes a Scheduled Monument, numerous listed buildings and many notable but unlisted properties.

I think it's come from the bloke who would be in the pub but isn't because it's shut. 

The only other site that might make sense in Glasson is the wasteland/carpark next to the Dalton Arms, but again no planning has been applied for.

I'll be interested to see what @sunny comes back with about the source of the rumour.

It was on crt ad promoting tow path walks a guy was talking to locals who where complaining about the plans for the car park The carpark is the long narrow one you could pay a pound to stop all day

Without more information we can't really say anymore.

Some fields further up the canal were up for sale in 2019 as a possible development site:

https://www.abarnett.co.uk/property-details/rps_arm-GAR190525/

But that's not by the basin, it's the fields off Jeremy Lane, opposite the caravan park and the other side of the bridge.