Anyone snowed in ?

pomkitanner

Featured Posts

The snow from over Christmas is fading. I am, however, somewhat concerned about the amount of ice on the canal, and am rather regretting not mooring closer to civilisation, or what passes for civilisation, here on the Stourbridge Canal.

MP.

Today last year we were driving from Sydney back towards home in Victoria.

It was 35 degrees and the fired were heading towards us. We did 9 hrs in the smoke before the west turn over the Murray river took us west and out of the smoke.

This morning Im looking out of the window  towards the hill up to Daventry. Its sheet ice...Cycling to boat this am will be a leap of faith, and require spiked tyres.

10 months in a house. Never ever again.

Life is full of contrasts.

3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Today last year we were driving from Sydney back towards home in Victoria.

It was 35 degrees and the fired were heading towards us. We did 9 hrs in the smoke before the west turn over the Murray river took us west and out of the smoke.

This morning Im looking out of the window  towards the hill up to Daventry. Its sheet ice...Cycling to boat this am will be a leap of faith, and require spiked tyres.

10 months in a house. Never ever again.

Life is full of contrasts.

This is what worries me, even the thought of it :(

• Horror 1

9 hours ago, pomkitanner said:

Love to know how to pronounce Betws-y-Coed.  ?..  Worse than Maori  Ha Ha 

Having only moved here last May I am not the person to ask but trust me that is the easy one. I don't even know how to pronounce the village I live in.

10 hours ago, matty40s said:

Get near civilisation quick, however infected with the plague they may be.....models are hinting at a VERY cold spell.

Dunno about models, but the Met office forecast is right on. Just above freezing now so no more ice formation. Can't tell exactly how much accumulated overnight 'cause a boat came past very noisily whilst I was still in bed, so we're in the clear now. Need to get up the Stourbridge flight this weekend before it closes. Saturday looks best.

MP.

Well Creek was lightly frozen over yesterday, but we haven't had snow since a fairly brief shower before Christmas. The forecast for the next week or so suggests maximum temperatures in the low 40s during the day, going down to just above freezing at night, with no snow forecast. Have any areas of England had any? 

Taken 3 days ago from the top of the hill behind the house, with the sunset behind me.  Not really snowed in, though, and we're not going anywhere anyway.

Cheviot snow.jpg

Edited to say that I'm in Scotland, but the pink hills are in England.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

42 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Taken 3 days ago from the top of the hill behind the house, with the sunset behind me.  Not really snowed in, though, and we're not going anywhere anyway.

Cheviot snow.jpg

Edited to say that I'm in Scotland, but the pink hills are in England.

Sunlit uplands?  :icecream:

• Greenie 1