Poo'tastic?

Dr Bob

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, David Mack said:

And what makes that possible on this toilet and not on others? Or is it down to the quality of your aim?

It was fitted to Bob's physique, it's an fairly intrusive process but it is exactly suited and designed to suit Bob's, err measurements.

I have heard this particular model was expensive due to all the extra fiberglass required to get a snug fit.

Edited by tree monkey
  • Haha 4

On 06/01/2021 at 20:03, peterboat said:

I think you will find you do need nitrogen along with other nutrients, how much pee do you think I can produce? I have a very large double allotment so the concentration is weak, anyway it works because I have great veg 

In some cases, too much nitrogen at the expense of other nutrients can be detrimental to the crop.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

And what makes that possible on this toilet and not on others? Or is it down to the quality of your aim?

Dunno.

The Air Head and Nature's head must be badly designed. They are the two biggest sellers in the market but all of the reviews suggest blokes sit down. This one seems to be designed well so with the splash guard....like what you sometimes see in urinals...it doesn't splash.

29 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

In some cases, too much nitrogen at the expense of other nutrients can be detrimental to the crop.

You can see on fields where the sprayer has overlapped and given a double or treble coverage.

The grass is badly burnt (brown) and is killed.

Generally the sprayers will have 'blobbers' at the end of each boom leaving a 'blob' of coloured foam.

The sprayer we used this year, had a 30 metre boom (15m each side)

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Careful now.  You might be making others start to think about one.

At least you didn't mention how much longer the water tank lasts when you aren't flushing half of it into the black tank ...

Yep, it's all very exciting! I reckon we'll save 100L a week so an extra day between fill ups.

Edited by Dr Bob

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You can see on fields where the sprayer has overlapped and given a double or treble coverage.

Generally the sprayers will have 'blobbers' at the end of each boom leaving a 'blob' of coloured foam.

The sprayer we used this year, had a 30 metre boom (15m each side)

I dont grow grass Alan I cant eat it ?

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Careful now.  You might be making others start to think about one.

At least you didn't mention how much longer the water tank lasts when you aren't flushing half of it into the black tank ...

I dont know how ive survived over thirty years without one!! must dash out and buy some bin liners and start crapping in a bucket and pissing in a potty and emptying it overboard in the morning ;)

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2021 at 19:36, LadyG said:

Then transported to Holland to be diluted and fed to the plants?

I don't think so.

Years ago farmer's tried feeding newspaper sprayed with molasses to beef cattle, I suppose they could have recycled urine, and fed that too?

I think the residues from sewage farms are injected in to soils, personally that makes a good case for organic farming in a responsible way, not concentrating God knows how many drugs and residues and putting it back into food I might eat. 

I would imagine newspaper with molasses would make quite a good feed (!).

Back in the ‘80s new EU regulations were introduced to limit or prevent certain ingredients in sheep and cattle feed.  Two of the items were human sewage and poultry feathers.  “Who the hell uses human sewage in cattle feed” people asked.  Turned out the Italians were doing it and that feed could be exported to other European countries.

To measure the protein content of ruminant feed, they actually measure the nitrogen content and multiply the level by 6.25 as in theory the rumen bacteria convert the nitrogen to protein.  Some bright sparks worked out that grinding up 30% chicken feathers and 70% straw made a calculated protein level of 16%, the standard protein level of sheep nuts for instance.  Somewhat cheaper than using conventional protein sources!

• Horror 1

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You will see the same when a bitch (female dog, not that dodgy woman down the pub) pees on your lawn.  The patch where she has peed will burn the grass.

Probably the same if you let that woman down the pub pee on your lawn.

• Horror 1

On 07/01/2021 at 11:03, Mike Todd said:

Yes, but finding out 'what works' is not enough. Waste disposal, especially human products, is highly controlled and anything else is illegal fly (!) tipping. Even farmers have to comply with the paperwork . . .

Sounds a bit like the argument that LadyG rails against re towpath users: "I use the towpath regularly and it has not caused me any problems"

I don't rail (as in verbally object to), against towpath users, I just don't want them right up close to my boat, the towpath is ten foot wide, they don't need to jog in the 18 inches right next to the boat, which happens to be the only grassy bit left, so I leave my trolley and a few bags of coal where they otherwise might run.The CRT advised towpath users to keep away from boats, but the towpath users don't read the CRT advisories. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I leave my trolley and a few bags of coal where they otherwise might run.The CRT advised towpath users to keep away from boats, but the towpath users don't read the CRT advisories. 

CRT also tell boaters not to leave stuff on the towpath ...

13 minutes ago, dor said:

You will see the same when a bitch (female dog, not that dodgy woman down the pub) pees on your lawn.  The patch where she has peed will burn the grass.

Probably the same if you let that woman down the pub pee on your lawn.

It's more the way bitch urine is deposited that causes the issue not that it's from a female 

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I don't rail (as in verbally object to), against towpath users, I just don't want them right up close to my boat, the towpath is ten foot wide, they don't need to jog in the 18 inches right next to the boat, which happens to be the only grassy bit left, so I leave my trolley and a few bags of coal where they otherwise might run.The CRT advised towpath users to keep away from boats, but the towpath users don't read the CRT advisories. 

I get that, I nearly had my head removed when coming out of my boat by a cyclist! Different thing but the same 

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

It's more the way bitch urine is deposited that causes the issue not that it's from a female 

Yes I water it down before watering the garden, it seems to work 

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I think my health has priority. 

When I find a section of towpath too busy for my liking I move to somewhere less people come past the boat every day.  Usually towpath users have preferred routes between a couple of access points and simply moving the other side of a bridge can be enough to keep away from them.

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

When I find a section of towpath too busy for my liking I move to somewhere less people come past the boat every day.  Usually towpath users have preferred routes between a couple of access points and simply moving the other side of a bridge can be enough to keep away from them.

I would then be making an unnecessary journey.

Not to mention that there are very few mooring places on this canal and that the number of joggers would be the same anywhere. Most of the people are going up a few miles and turning round and retracing their steps.

I have access to water, access to shopping, access to elsan, and I can chain on the armco, that is why it is a suitable mooring.

Edited by LadyG