Dismantling a desmo leg table.

Featured Posts

Hopefully a simple question and answer.

I have a desmo legged dinette table which I'd like to remove temporarily (never dismantled it before), thought it would just be a case of yanking the table top upwards but this doesn't seem to work. Before I get the 'hammer' out to help I thought best check that there isn't some sort of locking mechanism that I am unaware of.

2 hours ago, StationMaster said:

I wibbled a bit when the table top hit my chin - next time I know what to expect.

watch your fingers when lining the legs up to put back or you’ll be doing the “desmo dance” (consists of hopping about alternating from madly waving hand and hand jammed under armpit whilst chanting the ancient incantation “sheetfeck sheetfeck huw b’staaaaard!”) in conjuction with a raised dinette this can also be combined with the ritual of “head the light fitting”, you can guess how i know this :D 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

watch your fingers when lining the legs up to put back or you’ll be doing the “desmo dance” (consists of hopping about alternating from madly waving hand and hand jammed under armpit whilst chanting the ancient incantation “sheetfeck sheetfeck huw b’staaaaard!”) in conjuction with a raised dinette this can also be combined with the ritual of “head the light fitting”, you can guess how i know this :D 

Almost (but not quite) as bad as geting 'the old man' caught in the zip.

On 31/12/2020 at 16:02, Alan de Enfield said:

Almost (but not quite) as bad as geting 'the old man' caught in the zip.

Mate did that I took him to hospital on back of a 750 cc Triumph Trident and the nurse between laughing and trying to be serious just snipped the zip at the bottom and pulled it apart, job done. She said not the first time she had done this. Another good hospital visit was a friend fell of my trail bike flat on his back. Took him to cottage hospital late on a summer evening nurse put him in the bath tub with warm water 2  handfuls of salt and the gave me a nail brush and told me to scrub his back until all the dirt was out. Then said I’ll check back later as I’m busy do my drug rounds.  He didn’t feel a thing, well not for a couple of hours any way. Then he was in agony for about 10 days as the scabs kept coming off after getting stuck to his shirt. Thing is these types of hospitals have gone by the way side now just mega sized units that you wait for ever in to get seen. 

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Thing is these types of hospitals have gone by the way side

LOcal cottage hospitals were certainly a valuable asset.

I remember one day when it was too windy for gliding we decided to 'pull a parachute' and have try Parascending, hooked a glider launch rope to the harness, other end on a car tow-ball and off he set, I was running down the runway as the parachute billowed, one of the shrouds wrapped around the end of one of my fingers, and like cheese-wire sliced it off.

Car stopped, bundled me, the parachute and the tow-rope into the back of the car and off to Grantham Cottage hospital.

Managed to sew the 'flapping end' back on and apart from it aching in the cold and 'tingling' its as good as new.

Won't go into the building a land yacht and the inevitable accidents.

Those were the days.

• Horror 1

43 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

LOcal cottage hospitals were are certainly a valuable asset.

I have made that a little more accurate for you we have two with striking distance one 6 miles and one 12 miles away.   The nearest "general hospital" is about 25 miles.

• Happy 1

54 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I have made that a little more accurate for you we have two with striking distance one 6 miles and one 12 miles away.   The nearest "general hospital" is about 25 miles.

Shhhh!! They'll close 'em if they realise they're still open - especially that close to an "oven ready" general!